Carsick

The boys had been driving in the van for about two hours to their next stop on their SLFL tour. It was hot and the air conditioning wasn't working. Not to mention the road that they were on was incredibly windy. Ashton was sitting up front while Calum, Michael, and Luke were in the back.

Calum and Michael were playing some game, Ashton was playing on his phone and Luke was leaning his head against the window. Luke's stomach had been bothering since the van took off and had a slight headache. At first he thought it was nothing more than an uneasiness, but it was steadily getting worse.

Luke closed his eyes and started to take deep breaths in hopes of easing his stomach. He opened them again and looked around and found his water bottle next to his feet. Picking it up he took a sip and readjusted himself to get for comfortable in his seat.

All of a sudden, the van took a sharp turn causing Luke's stomach to lurch. He dropped the water bottle and brought a hand to his mouth. At this, Calum looked over to him and saw his bandmate with a hand over his mouth, and his face pale and tinted green. "Shit, Luke, you okay?"

This got the attention of the other boys, who immediately looked at the blonde boy. Luke didn't dare move, afraid that if he did he would throw up on his lap.

Ashton looked to the driver and asked, "Can you pull over? Luke's not doing too well."

The driver looked back at Luke and sadly shook his head. "I'm sorry, we're stuck in traffic and if we don't keep moving we'll be late to the venue."

Luke gagged again, this time with more force than before. "Fuck, someone find a bag or something quick!" Calum exclaimed as he started to rub Luke's sweaty back.

Michael found a plastic bag with a bunch of products in it and poured the contents out and handed it to Calum. "Here, it's clear, but it's still a bag." Calum took it and opened it, holding it under Luke's chin. "Get it out Luke, you'll feel a lot better."

Luke whimpered and gagged again, removing his hand and spitting out thick spit. He took a deep breath and burped, finally throwing up with force. He gagged and threw up for a couple minutes until it was just bile and saliva left. After a few more minutes his body gave him a break, allowing him to catch his breath.

"Jeez Luke, you okay? Feel any better?" Ashton asked as he looked back at Luke. Calum had taken the bag and sealed it, placing it on the floor.

Luke shook his head. "No, I still feel sick." The boys gave him sympathetic glances. Michael rolled down his window, and Calum reached across Luke and rolled his window down as well to allow some air to get rid of the sick smell and help Luke's stomach.

"There's motion sickness medicine in the console," the driver said, trying to be helpful since he couldn't pull over anywhere.

Ashton took the medicine and handed the pills to Luke. "Here, take this and sip on some water. Hopefully this will help you until we can find somewhere to pull over and get some air."

"Thanks," Luke murmured. He hesitantly placed the pills on his tongue and took a few sips of water to help swallow them down. Sadly, they came back up as soon as they went down. Seconds later Luke's lap, the seat, and the floor were covered in bile and the pills.

"Shit!" Calum exclaimed, a little of the puke landing on his shoe.

"We need to find somewhere to pull over fast!" Michael said. Luke made a sound that resembled a sob and a groan and tears slid down his face.

Finally, the traffic started to lift a bit and the driver was able to maneuver his way over to the right side of the freeway and took the first exit he could. Soon they pulled up to a rest stop and parked in front of the bathrooms. Ashton got out first and opened Luke's door, slowly helping him out. Michael took the bag filled with Luke's vomit and went to throw it away and Calum looked through the backpack they had and found a pair of sweats and a new shirt that Luke could change into when he was feeling less carsick.

Ashton and Luke made their way over to the bathrooms. As soon as they were inside Luke went straight to the first stall and threw up again. There was a guy by the sink making a disapproving noise just staring at the two boys who just entered. Ashton looked to him and just said, "Carsick." The guy gave one last annoyed look and left the bathroom. Ashton then went to the stall and pushed the door open and rubbed Luke's back.

Finally Luke leaned back and took some deep breaths. "Feeling any better, Lukey?" Ashton asked.

Luke sat for a moment before nodding and responded, "yeah I feel better. Just got really carsick I guess."

Ashton nodded and helped Luke stand up. "Let's get you cleaned up," Ashton said and helped Luke to the sinks where he washed his hands and splashed water on his face.

At that moment, Calum walked in with clothes for Luke to change into. "Here you can change into this. Michael and our driver went to go buy some crackers, a sprite and bags in case you start feeling sick again. We'll be outside by the car when you're ready to come out." Calum said and left the bathroom.

Luke took off his vomit covered clothes and put the sweats and shirt on, throwing the dirty clothes in a bag to wash. "Thanks, Ash."

Ashton took the bag of clothes. "No problem. You feel okay enough to keep driving to the venue?" The drummer asked as they walked out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, I think so. Might just sleep on the way."

The boys all got back into the car. Michael handed Luke the sprite and crackers, which he sipped and nibbled on before falling asleep for the final three hours of the drive. They made it to the venue without anymore problems and the show went well.