4 | Matthew Espinosa

He proposes to you.

-

"I want to live in the 1950s"I sighed, watching the T-birds dance around Grease while singing the catching tune.

"You wouldn't have survived the poodle skirts"Matt joked causing me to jokingly punch his arm.

I snuggle back into his side and continue watching the brillant movie, all while eating a bowl of popcorn Matt made for me.

It was almost the carnival scene which is my favorite and I dug my hand into the popcorn bowl, just to feel something hard at the bottom.

I pulled it out and gasped, covering my mouth as my eyes watered.

"I see you found it"Matt said smiling and I stared down at the glistening diamond ring in my hand still in shock.

"Matt I...wait"I sat up and turned to him with wide eyes. "You remembered?"

*flashback*

I laid on Matthew's bed as he did homework on his desk. Something about Romeo and Juliet for his english class.

"Y/N, how would you want someone to ask for your hand in marriage?"He asked, spinning around in his chair to face me and I laughed.

"Well I would want it to be private, just the two of us, and I want to be watching my favorite movie as it happens. Hmm maybe he can even get me a penguin!"I said exicitedly making him throw a ball of paper at me as he laughs.

"I can't use that for the question, it's too silly"He groans and turns back to the paper.

* flashback over*

Matthew stands up off the couch and gets on one knee in front of me, he takes a ring out of his pocket and holds it up to me.

"Y/N you have been my best friend since we're thirteen and I couldn't ask for a better girlfriend. You'd believed in me when no one else did and you made living life bearable. I would be completely lost without you since your the light in my path, and the fire in my soul. I love you, will you marry me?"

"Hell yes!"I whisper making him chuckle as he slips the ring onto my finger and I launch myself into his arms.
I pull away from the hug and press my lips against his, putting in every single emotion I'm feeling into this kiss. He pulls me up from the floor and lays me on the couch, before climbing on top of me.

"I'm so glad you said yes"He smiled down at me and I smiled back before something crossed my mind.

"Why did you have to rings?"I ask and he blushes before answering.

"The one in the bowl I got in a gumball machine and the one I gave you was the real one"He said and I started laughing uncontrollably.

"Only you,"I smiled before kissing him again.

_____

Happy Easter if you celebrate it and hope u have a good Sunday if you don't! This is how I want to be proposed to btw and I thought it was cute. Also he put the fake ring in the bowl because of all the butter and stuff in the popcorn since he didn't want to mess up the real one, to those of yall who were wondering.

Remember to vote, comment, and share! Also leave some feedback in the comments since I know it's not perfect and please request some imagines.

Love you all,
@sierrahutson.