She's not my daughter!

It was silent in the car. After three hours of driving they arrived to the orphanage. It seemed nice enough. It was a white building with a basketball court. Above the entrance read "Cambridge Orphanage" in green letters.

When Olivia walked inside, she was shown her room, and left to unpack. Then a girl walked in. She had braids, and a plaid skirt.

"Hello." She said. Apparently she was her room mate.

"Hi." Olivia looked down.

"Why so glum, chum?" She asked.

"Well, I.."

"No wait! Let me guess!" The girl put her finger on her lips. "Your parents died and now you have no one in this world."

Olivia had a heavy sigh.

"Not really. Well, yeah. When I was 10, I did lose them. But I went to a foster parent's house for two years. But then..."

"What?"

"I had a brother. A full grown brother."

"Then why are you here?" She tilted her head.

She explained her story. She found herself poring her heart out to this girl. It had never been so hard to leave Adam. No matter what their blood carried, he would always be her family.

"What's YouTube?" She asked. Olivia was stunned.

"Internet?" Olivia questioned. She shook her head.

"Google? Yahoo? Wattpad?" She panicked. The girl shook her head every time.

"Virtual reality?" She asked.

"Maybe you'd better lie down..." The girl said. Olivia burst into laughter.

"You think I'm crazy, don't you?" She giggled.

"Uh... Yeah."

"How long have you been here?"

"Since I was born..."

"Here. I'll give you an example of electronics..." Olivia rummaged through her bag. Out came her red shuffle.

-----------------

Adam sulked. Olivia was gone. Out of his life. Life itself had been so much sweeter with her in it.

"What can we do?" Ty asked. Adam had been talking out loud.

"Can somebody slap me?" Jason said. They three turned to see Jason braced for a hit.

"And then him?" Jason asked, his head gestured to Adam.

"What the heck are you talking about??" Phat asked.

"Adopt her! Come on! Anyone thought of that?? That's the WHOLE point she left!"

It was silent.

"Why aren't I the dumbbell."

"And idiot. And flea brain. And stup..."

"Hotdoglox shut up." Adam said. He was already up. He ran to the jeep, leaving the three in the dust. He turned back, and shouted to them.

"But she's not my daughter! Never forget that!" He laughed, and dove into the jeep.

"Aw dang it. I wish I had brought my car. Maybe I could beat Adam to..." Ty was already running to his car. After all, wasn't she a sister to all of them?