Thank You

Astina's POV

I was inside the reaper's tunnel. It was darker than I remember but I continued my way inside, trying not to make any noise. My back was against one of the rocky walls helping me make sure I was going the right way.

*****

It has been a day and a half since my dad left with the rest of the warriors, and I can't deny that I'm worried. I kept on pacing back and forth in front of the village's entry, waiting for him to come back. Sharik was sharpening his sword, he was leaning against a tree as he too, waited for his dad to come back. He was my age, he had light brown hair and honey eyes, he was one of the strongest out of the thirteen warrior apprentices and more than once he saved people for this village form the Maunan. He looked up and just locked eyes for a moment, until he shook his head. I told him if my dad wasn't back in a few hours I was going to go after him.

"Yu laik ste hir." He said to me and I scoffed.
You are staying here.

"Shof op." I said glaring at him.
Shut up.

"Osir don kom ge along taim osir're na ste tenia." He walked and stood in front of me.
We have to get along if we're going to stay together.

He towered over me but I still looked at him in the eyes unafraid." That's what your dad wants, not you or me. Your dad wants us to get married. We don't love each other and its going to stay that way."

"Say whatever, but you're not going out there, not on my watch." He said.

"Why do you care if I go or not?" I asked Sharik annoyed.

"I care about you." He softly said." If I don't protect you, then who will?"

I stayed quiet, I didn't know what to say, or think. He took me off guard, I did not expect him to say such a thing. And then without thinking, my hands rested on his shoulders boosting myself up I kissed his cheek and hugged him by the neck. It took a moment for him to warp his arms around my waist but when he did, I whispered into his ear.

"Thank you."

*****

My hart was racing. I've never been so deep inside the Mountain Men's base, and I'm not very happy about it. I continued to walk the long confusing hallways and at the same time I was extremely careful not to be seen. I peeked from a corner, only to see a guard walking straight towards me and just as I saw him I hid.

I closed my eyes and focused on the man's loud tapping of his shoes. Closing my eyes, I fully concentrated on the sound.

Tap, tap, tap.

I opened my eyes and jumped on him, but before he could even process what happened, I already had him pinned against a wall. I twisted one of his hands so it was against his back, I knew if I kept adding pressure I would dislocate his shoulder and maybe break his upper arm, so I applied enough pressure so he could only feel pain.

"How the hell did you get in here?" He asked in between a muffed, angry and pained voice.

"Shut up." I said pressing harder on his arm making him cry out in pain. "We're are the prisoners? We're do you hide them?" I asked.

"Why should I tell you?" He said and this time he masked his pain, so I could hear the venom in his words clearer.

"Because I can break more than just your arm. I could also torture you and no one would know what happened to you, so I would like it if you cooperated with me." I warned as I let him feel the sharpness of my sword my slicing his cheek.

It took a few more moments until he couldn't bear the pain anymore." Fine, fine." He said.

My hand let go of his wrist slightly, but I still had him pressed against a wall. "If you try anything, I'll end your life on the spot, got it?" I said.

He nodded as I yanked him away from the wall. I grabbed a pair of hand cuffs that were attached against his belt, and tightly put them on his wrists.

"Now tell me. We're are they?" I asked.

"Continue straight down this hallway." He said.

"And?" I asked.

He hesitated but continued, after he felt my sword against his back." Turn left and continue down two hallways, on the second door on your right." He explained.

"Good. Now let's make something clear, if you are lying, I'll make sure you'll die today. And it's going to be painful, very, very painful." I whispered into his ear as I heard him swallow.

I saw that most of the doors had this small machine outside, you had to swipe a card for it to open. I searched the man's pocket, turning him around I saw it hanging by one of the jackets pocket yanking it off him I took a look at it.

Let's try it.

I pushed the man towards a door with a window that reflected the darkness inside the room on the other side. Swiping the card, a red button turned green and just like that I heard a small click. I opened the door slowly, as if something might jump out of it. I pushed the man in and sat him down on the floor against one of the corners of the room. I took off his weapon, radio and everything he would defend himself with.

I grabbed a strap of cloth from a table and tied it around his mouth as the man complained.

"You're never going to get out of here, trust me." He said.

I was ready to leave when he said that, so I walked back towards him and said. "You're not going to see tomorrow's sunrise, trust me." I rose his hand gun into the air and smashed it against his head.

I saw his eyes close, as blood started to flow out of his wound. I grabbed a bed sheet that was neatly folded on one of the shelves, I put it over him as I saw the blood stain the white fabric.

The last thing I did before leaving the dark room was toss the gun in some dark and forgotten corner.