Chapter 26 - Back to before

Phil's PoV
*knock knock*
"That must be them," Dan gets up to get the door.

He grabs the key from the kitchen counter and puts it into the lock.
"Pizza for you,"
A spotty teenager stood with a bag and a hand open for his money.

"Thanks, here you go."
Dan passed over a £20 note and the boy crumpled it into his hand.

"Wow thanks mate,"

The boy walked off and Dan shut the door straight away.

"Ooh smells amazing,"
I say enjoying just the smell.

"Shit!"

"What's wrong?!"

"No wonder the boy was happy, he got the biggest tip of his life, only one of the pizzas is here,"

My heart sunk but we could share, they were big anyway.

"It's fine, we can share."

"No I will call them now, help yourself to this one."

Dan walks into the other room, dialling the pizza company's number.

I grab a slice from the middle of the pizza and it tastes really good but I wanted to sit and eat it with Dan, I don't care how much pizza it is just as longs as its with Dan.

I chew on the crust for a bit, waiting for him to get back.

"Hey I spoke to them and it's going to be another half an hour, sorry I should have noticed when he came,"

He looks upset.
" it's fine, it's not a big deal, today's been amazing anyway I don't eve-"

*knock knock*

"Jesus, they must know I'm mad at them,"
Dan gets up again to answer the door.

"Well I hope you know the story and I've already payed for this,"

"Payed for what?"

Dan just stays silent for a minute.

I get up, worried at what's at the door.

"Chris! We haven't seen you in so long!"

"I only just got back from Yorkshire and you're the first people I've come to see, hope you feel special."

He laughs as Dan moves out of the way of the door, letting him walk up the stairs into our apartment.

"So how was it? Are all your family okay?"

I ask just to be polite, I just want to tell him about me and Dan, him and Pj have been calling it for years.

"They're all okay, they missed me"

Dan walks into the living room and sits down next to me on the sofa, he places his hand on my knee and Chris just stares.

"Oh,"

Chris looks so confused, I turn to see Dan's face which is so close to mine and he just stares right back at me.

We wait a moment before Dan leans in and kisses my cheek, we both turn to look at Chris who is more confused than ever before in his life.

"Are you two serious!"

Dan opens his mouth but I speak first.

"Yep, do we not seem it?"

I lean in again and kiss Dan's cheek, showing I'm serious.

We both just sit blushing and Chris stares at us, waiting for us to say it's a joke or burst out laughing.

"The fans are going to die when you tell them this."

He had a point, they will finally get what they want from us and it makes me so happy.

"I know, we are going to wait a bit but when we tell them, it's going to be mental," Dan says, moving his hand from my knee and onto his.

"Does anyone else know yet?"

Chris was so interested, I wish we found a better way to tell him but I want my first proper kisses with Dan to be perfect and not just to show someone we are a couple.

"Nope just you, please don't mention it yet, everyone would think it was a rumor but I really want it to be friends and family first,"

"Of course Phil I get that but this is a massive shock, you both have to be sure, don't just do it for the fans,"

Dan answered for me.

"No this is what we want right?"

"Of course I want this!"

I turn to see his eyes again, centimeters from my face.

I wanted to kiss him properly, forget about Chris that's sat here and just kiss him, not just on the cheek.

It wasn't the right time, Chris was right there.

"So anything else happened when you were away Chris?"

Dan broke the silence.

"Not compared to this! I was coming round to play video games not invade couples night."

Dan stood up and walked to the xbox controllers.

"Let's do that then! Phil are you okay with that?"

"Yeah sure,"

"Right, lets play then!"

Chris stood up and pushed the duvet off the sofa, making room for him to sit on the other side of me as Dan grabbed the controllers.

"What's with the duvet?  You two didn't wait long did you?"

Chris laughed his head off as Dan sat next to me again, controllers in his hand.

"Well I fell down the stairs but it's a long story."

He stopped laughing

"And you had a duvet because....?"

"We were watching a film,"

Chris pushed the duvet completely off the sofa, making the dvd case fall from in the middle of it.

"Are you actually serious!  I hope you're okay Phil but "Titanic" really?"

Dan laughed and passed him a controller, "Don't ask,"

A/N

Hey everyone, I finally changed my cover on this book!  I can't take any credit though, it was made by the very nice Lukebyrnee so thank you very much, love it!