Chapter 2 - Bedding my Bed

Chapter 2 – In my Bed

I had resided in my the comfort of my room the entire weekend after my last encounter with my dad. For all I know he could be in jail right now for the fight he got into at Olives. I was now laying in my bed high as hell, Noah one of my best friends brought some weed on Saturday after coming from LARKS. Just then like a herd of animals Jackson, Noah and Payton burst through my room door disturbing the peace of my mind.

"How are you feeling?" Noah consoled.

"I feel like shit" I exasperated.

Payton jumped on my bed almost knowing my phone out my hand.

"Clean your room" Payton hissed, his head swivelled around the room before kicking half my clothes on my bed."

I couldn't come up with a coherent comeback so I simply replied: "Fuck a cactus, Payton."

I finally put on clothes and attempted to clean my room the best I could clean it with my friends resided in each corner. Jackson sat at the base on my bed on his phone, Payton was hanging off my bed while Noah sat at my desk probably playing a game on his phone. I pulled the mini fridge in my closet and asked the group if they wanted a beer. We obviously weren't allowed to have alcohol on campus but no one followed the rules around here. They all nodded except Jackson, Jackson did not drink because of his mother's alcoholism.

"Guys I have never seen my dead so worried- I." I paused.

Everyone looked up from their phones Payton sat up.

"He was scared he saw that random stranger walking this way and his first instinct was to fight him."

"If he wanted you to be safe why would he not make you stay at home?" Jackson inquired.

My friends started to bicker among themselves of what the best option for me was. I tuned them out as I thought of my last contact with my dad. When he left I was fourteen years old just starting high school at Bridgeway Academy.

"Hey kido, I think you'll have a great first day." Dad smiled at me warmingly. "They have every sport imaginable, music and art studios." "It's walking distance from Olives you love Olives-" I rolled my eyes at my dad. "I don't like Olives." "Okay- well you like the-" Once again I rolled my eyes "Beef Burger with cheese, tomatoes, olives and onion rings." "I know that Ethan I wouldn't forget your favourite meal you just have to give me time." I looked away and looked out the window. My phone suddenly buzzed Noah texted me 'Dude are you here yet?' I typed back a reply leaning closer to the window as I noticed my dad was looking. "Your friends arrived." He asked slightly leaning over. "Don't know, Noah was the one who texted me," I replied curtly. My dad's eyes went back to the road as he turned into to school entrance. After my dad helped me sort my things out in my room. The freshman had double rooms and I was bunked with Noah. "Ethan, I'm not going to be at home so if you go back for the weekend and don't see me there-" "What?" I had no idea where this was coming from. "I have this work assignment, and I think this would benefit us in the long run. I will still call you obviously, and come home for the holidays." I was barely listening now I was just angry now this wasn't the first time he left for months at times my mother might as well be a single mother with how little my dad was in our life. "I have to go the orientation is about to start. Call me tomorrow." I was about to leave when my dad grabbed my arm. "Love you son." He embraced me in a hug.

"Have you called your parents?" I changed the subject t0 Noah's parents who were in England now.

"I tried earlier, their helper said they were at an auction."

"What are they buying this time."

"I think monuments from old castles in the UK."

We decided to go to the common area outside since we weren't allowed inside the hallways leading to classrooms on the weekend.