Chapter 6

Tim walked silently as he scanned the area around him. The air was silent but the soft vibrations of another creatures breath made him tense. Something was out there and scared.
  A soft yelp was heard coming from not far ahead and Tim gulped down a gasp. He placed his hand across the mask and pulled it down to gain a better view. There was a figure shaking on its hands and knees.
  Tim took the chance and races forward. He tackled the figure down in a mess of muffled grunts and panicked screams. Of course, it wasn't long until Tim had the figure trapped under his legs.
  "Wh-who are you?!" The young girl screeched. She had an obvious cut along his left cheek.
  Tim tilted his head to inspect the wound. It wasn't a clean cut and even looked accidental. He reached forward to run a finger across and chuckled softly at how the girl recoiled. She was pained by the touch, but rather worried of what he was doing.
  "You should leave." Tim growled roughly. He needed to disguise his voice as much as possible so no one discovered who he was.
  The girl swallowed back a scream and nodded her head. Tim pulled himself onto his feet and held a hand out for the girl. She reluctantly took it and was surprised to have the strange masked man lead her back to the nearby neighborhood.
  "Letting me live 'cause I'm a girl?" She sneered.
  Tim let go of her hand and stuck his leg out. The young girl tripped clumsily over his leg and rolled back onto her back. She expected to see a knife of a gun, but received a cold chocolate brown glare from underneath the mask's inky black holes.
  "I'm letting you live because your young. You still have the chance to right your wrongs and to never get caught up in a mess you never even knew existed." Tim growled.
  The air grew thick with silence as the girl pulled herself back up. She glanced Tim up and down before sprinting off. No more words were shared other than Tim shouting, "Don't show up again alive!"
  ---
  Back at the house was EJ, Jeff, Jane, and Brian playing a quick game of Cash. Things were awkwardly quite and made the game little to no fun. After nearly an hour of silent card exchanging, Jane just got up and left. It could have been the fact she was pretty much forced to sit next to Jeff without causing any trouble.
  "Well, that was stupid." Jeff sighed and scooped the cards back up into his hand. "What should we play now?" By the time he looked up both Brian and EJ were gone.
  "Pussies..." Jeff whispered under his breath.
  ---
  Brian and EJ rushed down the hall side by side. They jumped into Clockwork's room and peered around the doorway to watch Tim walk into his own room.
  The two men glanced at each other and nodded. Brian walked into his room and EJ paced down the halls, making himself busy with a short stack of papers.
  Brian knocked on Tim's bedroom door and waited patiently. Tim opened the door with little to no energy and blinked in surprise.
  Brian pulled Tim into his bedroom and pushed the male onto his bed. The room was silent other than Brian letting out a disheveled sigh.
  "What's going on?..." Tim asked.
  "You and EJ need to talk." Brian growled and pointed to his door. "He said you said something weird and won't tell anyone what it is that you said."
  "Okay?..." Tim questioned and pushed himself off the bed. He walked to the door with a couple glances to Brian.
  The second that Tim stepped outside of the room he saw EJ walking down the hall.
  "Hey!" Tim called and shut Brian's door. "Can we talk somewhere... Private?"