Chapter 2

"I'm going grocery shopping!" Tim called from the front door of the house.

  When no one yelled back he shrugged his shoulders and turned on his heel to leave. Before he could take a step further, the air was knocked out of him. He fell onto his face with a heavy force still clinging to his back.

  "Ow..." he groaned and reached to swat away whoever was now sitting on him.

  "I wanna go with you!" Toby cheered.

  Tim let out an audible growl and rolled over. He held Toby down and spat on his face. Toby shook and struggled, but he couldn't manage to avoid the saliva from dripping onto his face.

  "What was that for?!" Toby whined and rubbed at his now wet cheek.

  "It's a warning." Tim snarled and got off his fellow proxy.  "Do you need anything from the store?" he offered as if low-key apologizing for the spit.

  Toby shook his head and stood up. "I think Jeff said he wanted some chips though..." Toby pondered and tapped his chin.

  "Does anyone want anything else?" Tim ask and adjusted his tan jacket.

  When no reply came, Tim left. Luckily, no one tackled him down this time. Thank god since he was ready to fight someone at this point.

  The walk to the supermarket wasn't all that far. It was enough to tire you out if you ran, but nothing major. It was all the much easier, considering he didn't have his mask blocking his air ways. Something in his gut told him he should have wore the mask though.

  Somewhere in the brush was something watching him. He couldn't see it and it made no signs of movement, but it was there. Every now and again the sound of another creatures breath echoed into his head. For a few moments, he wondered if he was just hallucinating.

  "Stop thinking like that!" Tim scolded himself. "You're just freaking yourself out."

  Then it happened. A branch overhead snapped and fell onto the cold forest floor behind him. Tim sprinted like his life was on the line, and maybe it was. Every now and again he would glance over his shoulder, but there was no one to be seen.

  Tim was panting by the time he felt pavement on his feet. He had made it to a quite neighborhood and he sighed. He should be safe enough here as long as he stayed in the open. No one would be stupid enough to attack him out here, right?

  "Hey, Tim!"

((Hello, Maxx here! Sorry this chapter is so short and junk, but i was in class. Anyway, Who could this mysterious person be??? Are they really that mysterious?! Probably not.))