Chapter 4

Eyeless Jack always felt like the odd one out in the household. He was the only one who didn't eat at the dinner table. He never allowed anyone to step foot in his room, not even Jeff, who's bedroom was conjoined by a bathroom. But, worst of all was how he acted.
  EJ was never the most pleasant person to be around. He constantly hunched his shoulders and took sharp breaths. Whenever he grew nervous, he would always drum his fingers together. His voice always sounded scratchy, like there was a metal shard stuck in his throat. What he thought worst of all, was his head tilting. Whenever he was curious or confused he tilted his head like a dog. A mutt, as many people had described the behavior.
  Sadly, the constant self hatred only grew. It was never to the point of depression or suicidal thoughts. Although, that wouldn't matter. EJ couldn't die for all anyone knew.
  So, here he was. Sitting in his pitch black bedroom with his back pressed against the white wooden door. Tim yelling in obvious concern from the other side and the sound of feet shifting all around him. He was drawing unwanted attention.
  Finally, the door handle turned. Someone must have found a key, most likely Brian. EJ braced himself as he felt Tim press his weight against the door. The door barely moved and after a few moments, fell back to being closed.
  EJ sighed in relief as he heard everyone going back to their own business. At least everyone except for Tim. The dark haired male sighed and leaned against the wall. The sound of his jacket sliding against the wallpaper and his rear hitting the carpet was almost relaxing. His presence was never unsettling. Instead, it was protective, like a large guard dog.
  Time ticked by and soon EJ stood up. He was no longer crying, but his face still felt puffy. It was going to be awkward to face anyone. EJ reached for the door knob and pulled his door open. It took him by surprise as Tim's sleeping form fell over and onto his feet.
  EJ jumped back with a startled hiss and Tim scrambled awake and onto his feet. Both men were silent for a moment until Tim awkwardly spoke, "You okay?"
  It was definitely a stupid question, but EJ wasn't going to complain. Something inside his chest burst with joy at the idea of another person caring about him.
  EJ nodded his head and pointed down the hall. Tim stepped out of the way and watched as the silent male closed the door behind him and glanced around. There was no one else around right now so EJ ran down the halls and into the kitchen.
  Tim followed in his usual manner. There was no point in hiding himself if he was already seen.
  In the kitchen EJ was gulping down a glass of water. A few drops dripped down his chin as he filled the cup up for a second go. The behavior would have looked odd to most people, but it was normal to Tim. He spent most of his time at the house and dealing with paperwork, so he had a fair share of people running for a glass of clean water.
  Once EJ had his fill of water he set the glass down. Moisture had still claimed a space on his face and this made Tim chuckle. It was so similar to the behavior of a small child. 
  EJ looked up and realized that Tim was standing there. How he didn't see before, was a mystery. It was probably his dying need for water, though.
  "Are you sure your okay?" Tim asked as he stepped closer in. The worry in his voice was light an friendly. It was out of character for him.
  EJ nodded his head and looked back at the glass of water. There was still a small pool in the bottom of the cup. He couldn't look Tim in the eye at all. He felt like a teenager hiding the fact they liked someone.
  "Wait, what?" EJ blurted out. He instantly clasped a hand over his mouth and his eye sockets widen. It felt weird having all that air seep into your head, but that wasn't the problem at hand.
  Tim looked taken aback by the sudden behavior and had even taken a step back. It was something Tim had seen before, but just couldn't remember. Keeping things to yourself, but you just can't keep them in. God, it was so familiar!
  "I don't think you're alright..." Tim chuckled nervously.
  EJ swallowed back the air trapped in his throat and shook his head. "I'm fine..." He breathed. His voice was still so rough.
  The cannibal pushed by Tim to leave, but was surprised to feel a hand wrap around his wrist. A blush instantly creeped up around his cheeks and made the gray skin darker.
  "You really don't seem fine..." Tim sighed and pulled EJ back into the kitchen. He lifted the thin male onto the kitchen counter and opened a cabinet behind him. EJ didn't protest, but the action did confuse him.
  "Black, earl grey, or chamomile?" Tim asked as his chest was nearly pressed against EJ's.