Chapter 1- Here? Now?

-:(/):- Ginny's POV -:(/):-
I was practicing spells on my bed when I heard Ron yell "Mum! Harry's here!"
I froze. Harry? Here? Now?
I rushed to my closet to change out of my ratty mis-matched pajamas and brush my hair. Usually I wasn't one to dress myself up for a boy, but I didn't want to look like a complete mess.
Suddenly, I heard footsteps coming up our rickety old stairs. I quickly say back down on my bed, grabbed the closest book, and flipped to a random page in it, just in time for Ron to open the door.
"Haven't you ever heard of knocking?" I asked him, trying to sound annoyed. "Harry's here." He replied, completely aloof.
"I know, you-" Just then, Harry poked his head in. "Hey, Ginny." He said. "Oh." I responded. "Umm... Hi." I could feel my face get the same color as my fiery-red hair. After they had left, I sighed and lied back in my bed. Why couldn't I ever act normal around him?
<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
"Ginny!" Mum yelled. "Dinner!"
"Coming Mum." I replied. I was halfway down the stairs when I caught a glimpse of Harry through the iron bars of the railing. I stopped abruptly.
Just go down there and eat dinner! I told myself. You know, just like every single night of your life?
I tried to talk myself into continuing down the stairs, but somehow, having Harry there made even ordinary tasks seem daunting.
I sighed inwardly and went back up to my room. I'd just wait until Harry was done eating and back upstairs doing whatever with Ron.
<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
The next couple of days passed about the same as the first, me avoiding Harry whenever possible.
It wasn't until the 3rd day that things started looking up for me. It was the day Hermione arrived.
Before this, Hermione and I hadn't been very good friends, just knowing each other from seeing each other at the Burrow every summer.
One thing was different. This year, Hermione would be sleeping in my room.
<•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•><•>
Haiiiiiiiiiii owlets!
I know, it's REALLY short, don't kill me!
ANYWAAAAY, how'd you like it? It is only the first chapter, and it's going to get better as we get deeper into it.
ALSO, thanks for 10 followers! It means a lot. Like a LOT. I never thought that I would be one of those people that like to write HP fanfiction, but thanks to a friend of mine, Iguess I was wrong!
Finally, congrats to skylumos13565 for making 50 followers! BTW, ur awesome.
Please remember to comment, vote, and follow if you liked Chapter 1 of Finally! Also, please check out skylumos13565 and I's COLLABORATION ACCOUNT!!! The username is Malinah_Owl13565 . We are currently working on a Luna Lovegood fic called Lonely, Loony, Luna. Go read it! (Please)
Thank you all for reading and BAIIIII!
-Mille💛