Romeo and Juliet : an alternative ending

Start from the beginning

“I will do as the Lord Capulet wishes. Where in the mighty mansion, shall I ask, does he await?”

“His truly shall be expecting your presence in the hall of the old, in ten mins.” I nodded in reply indicating that I was going to be there, and hurried toward my chambers to wear something to suit the event.

***

As I was walking toward the hall of the old, I thought about what news I was going to receive. The Hall of the old has rarely been used in the family, as the room holds great significance. It was filled with framed images of our great ancestors of the old centuries, with whom the Capulet’s history began. Every capulet that made a difference in our history had been on the walls of that particular hall, along with their story.

I knocked on the stone doors, entering when I heard a faint ‘come in’. The first thing I could see was a big banner that said “Love conquers all”, being the theme of our ancestors. It actually meant father, son or brother, the Capulet’s were always magnificent and it was believed the reason for that is the love between all brothers that lets the Capulet’s stay in harmony. It was not used these days considering the enmity between the Capulet’s and the Montagues.  Besides that love could be any kind of love, but that was the main reason why Capulet’s still existed to this day, and hence the theme was honoured and known as the theme of the old.

I looked around the hall, it was a huge place considering the amount of Capulet ancestors we had, but it was good to go seeing as the hallway would hold till another 10 centuries minimum. I looked for father, but I didn’t have to make the effort because I could hear a faint ‘this way’ coming from the passage way that held the most significant of all image of Nicola Rossini I, who basically invented the Capulet’s.

I spotted father at the far end of the hallway, looking out a window his left hand high, caressing the window ledge, looking deep in thought. I stood behind him, giving him a chance to sought out his thoughts.

When he did, it was a whole minute later. He faced my direction still not looking at my face, “Juliet,” he murmured.

“Father” I replied in a guarded tone.

“My dear Juliet, my offer from earlier still stands, Marry young Paris and Capulet’s will be stronger than ever. Marry him and it will be the greatest history for the Capulet’s. Marry him and you will be the first young lady, whose image lies in this hall, along with your groom to be.” Father said, his tone growing louder and louder, as if to impress upon me what a great opportunity this was. Of course, I would be the First Lady in this hall if I married Paris.  But it was not glory that I was seeking. I wondered if I would be the first lady on the wall when they came to know I married a Montague, my supposedly sworn enemy.

“I will do as you wish, father. If it is my marriage you wish, then so it be.” I whispered against my thoughts.

The reaction was instant, Father wheeled around immediately, facing in my direction and looking at my face for the first time since I entered the hallway, “You would?” He asked in incredulously. I nodded in reply “oh but that’s wonderful news!” He burst out, his face lighting up in delight.

“For this obedience, I grant you anything you wish!” he said automatically.

“Everything I wish for has already been granted, I could ask for nothing more, Sire.” I murmured making sure my tone was controlled, so I didn’t sound too excited.

“Do not take away my obligation incomplete, daughter!” he shouted out, his voice ringing in the entire hallway. “Ask for anything you wish and it shall be bestowed upon you. Whether it is, portion of the Capulet estate or place in the Capulet vaults that are filled with riches.” He offered. I didn’t need any of those things, but I didn’t doubt for a second that Paris wouldn’t steal that opportunity, had he been offered one.

“I do not wish for anything other than Father’s great health and long life, but if he should feel incomplete, has he not granted me something, than I ask only that dearest Nurse has been working really hard all her life, to raise me up and that there would be no greater pleasure to me than sending her on a brief vacation to her natives before she was to join me in living a married life.” I asked leaving a small smile on my face at the thought of Nurse. “if that is not too much to ask Sire.” I added in respect.

“My humble daughter! It is nothing to ask, if I say so. The nurse shall be on her way to her native tomorrow early at dawn! Meanwhile we have to prepare for the marriage.” He looked down upon me smiling in satisfaction.

“ Father, there is another thing I wish to request.” I asked in a timid voice.

“Ask away, Juliet dear! Ask away!” he shouted back in reply.

“I wish to postpone my wedding with Paris for a month or so,” I paused, asking carefully, these were dangerous grounds I was walking on, “I am not prepared for the wedding thoroughly, and it will give time for the preparations and invitations” I suggested.

“oh yes! Preparation is essential in a wedding, yes, yes! Of course dear!” he seemed like he was talking to himself, so I didn’t interrupt, “I will have a brief talk with Paris and his Family meanwhile you are to prepare yourself for the marriage. I will talk for the wedding to be postponed for a month, will that do my dear?”

“Sure Father.” I responded, feeling relaxed that he had taken the bait.

“Hurry along then! Send the good news to the Nurse, and thank her for persuading you from me, thank you.”  He said grinning in excitement.

-----------------------

hey everybody,

this was actually my homework and i didn't have many good ideas so when i came up with this i posted it on because i know there are other's who might need it.

are they gonna die? i dont know, i'm making the story as i go LOL

u want them to? then leave a comment or vote!

love

soni <3