Chapter 1

Authors note: Hey everyone! If you came from my other story, welcome back and I'm glad that you stuck with me. And if you are a new reader, hello! Thank you for reading! And without further ado, let's get on with the story!
Y/n -Your name
L/n- Last name
H/c- Hair colour
H/t- Height
B/p- Body part
Anything else will be clarified on the way.

"Mother? Father? Where are you?"
Wandering the cold, dark streets was a frail four year old girl who was separated from her parents. It didn't help the child's case that it was in the middle of winter, covering the area in a thick blanket of white. Bottom lip quivering, she attempted to blink back her tears which deemed useless as the warm, salty water made their way down her cheeks.
"Did you... Leave without me?" The girl let out in barely a whisper.

She was shivering and the edges of her vision began to blur, yet she couldn't give up. Not yet anyway. She trudged her way through the snow, as it crunched beneath her feet.
"What's a little kid like you out here at a time like this?"
Shocked, She whipped around to look at the source of the voice. Her eyes widened. It was a women who looked like she was in her mid 20's, who had beautiful onyx eyes and raven hair.

The adult looked quizzically at the child who seemed to be frozen in a state of shock. She walked up to the girl and waved a hand in front of her face.
"Hellooo? Cats got your tongue? Answer my question!"
Blinking in realisation, Y/n quickly returned to her devastated state.
" *sniff* M-mother.. F-father... Th-hey.... Left me!" She buried her face in her hands and began to sob uncontrollably. The women's onyx eyes softened as she wrapped her arms around the young girl.
"I'm so sorry honey... I had no idea.... What's your name?"
" Y-y/n..."
The adult smiled. "Y/n huh? Thats a pretty name. My names Ul."
"Ul?" Y/n repeated. Ul nodded. There was a spark of happiness in Y/n's eyes.
"I like that name.. It's also pretty." Y/n giggled. She began to feel happier.
"Is that so? Why thank you Y/n. So... You can't find your parents huh?"
"Yeah.." She whimpered and tilted her head down. There was a moment of silence, then Ul spoke up.
"Y/n.. This is for the best, so listen to me okay?" The girl nodded her head sadly. Ul sighed.
"I'm definitely not going to leave you out in the cold like this.. So you're  going to come with me. Y/n looked at Ul shocked.
"But, mother and father..."
"Y/n, I'm going to be blunt about it. Your parents are gone." Tears began to form in the young girls eyes.
"But- I'm here now. I can train you to be strong, and I can take care of you. If it helps you, think of me as your mother."
Y/n pondered the idea. Even at the young age of four, she knew what was and wasn't good for her. Staying out in the cold alone for one, was not good.  She took a step closer to Ul and wrapped her small arms around the adults torso. Burying her face into the soft fabric of Ul's shirt, she gave her muffled reply.
" *sniff* Alright then... Momma." Ul smiled and hugged her back.
"Let's go home.. Y/n."

"OI! Y/N!" I was snapped out of my daydream as a booming voice pulled me back to earth.
"Hello? Are you even listening to me?! Y/N!!!!"
"Wait, what?" I cluelessly looked around as I came face to face with a certain red haired tsundere.
"UGH! You spaced out again Y/n! Gawds, why do I even bother?!" The teen rolled her eyes in annoyance, clicking her tongue in the process. Me on the other hand, was attempting to hold in my laughter. Giving a sheepish smile I replied.
"Sorry Severa, I'll try to focus now."
"You know I thought that the daughter of the Exalt would be smart." Severa gave a laugh. "How wrong I was!" Severa sassily remarked. I fake pouted and crossed your arms, trying to look upset.
"Awww don't be that way Severa! It really hurts!" Severa just scoffed and looked away.
"Whatever, I know you love me." I said tauntingly. Expecting another reply, I turned around and picked up a tome that was laying on the ground and turned around to face Severa again. What I didn't expect was a flying training sword to be aimed at my head.