Chapter 17: College

Start from the beginning

Kayla decided to set up her new room while Dominique finished settling. She pulled her bags to her room and set them aside in a corner. She began to pull out her clothes and hang them up in her closet, since she didn't have a dresser yet. She then hung up two pictures of Kelsiee and made up her bed with lavender sheets and purple pillows. After she finished making her room feel like home, she headed over to help Dominique.

Around this time Dominique was unpacking things our of her suitcases. Kayla helped by hanging some of her photos of Julissa. She hung up her clothes as well She also put her body lotions and other hygienic things in the bathroom like she instructed. Some things she wanted to stay in her bag until she had gotten furniture. An hour later, after the girls were settled they both decided to go out to a close grocery store.

They bought several kind of meats such as, grilled chicken , pork chops, turkey wings, and others. They bought plenty of fruits such as, strawberries, grapes, bananas, and also mangoes. They also bought breakfast foods such as, bacon, eggs, sausages, pancake mix, and other foods. Kayla also got her favorite dessert ice cream and Dominique acquired some sweets for the household as well. Dominique didn't know why Kayla was putting all this food in the cart because she could not cook, but Kayla could. She learned food tips from Uncle Lenny and the cooking channel.

After the quick trip to the grocery stores, the girls headed back to the apartment. They began to unload bags of food and put them up. Dominique wanted to eat out because Aaron wanted to double date. Kayla wasn't sure about this double dating thing because she didn't know if she was ready to talk to boys quite yet. Dominique assured her that she didn't have to talk to the guy, but just go with her for fun. After she said that, Kayla decided to go with her.

In the meantime, Kayla decided to head out to the Freshmen Bash. The Freshmen Bash was a fun party for freshmen's to celebrate their first year. They would listen to bands perform, dance, and socialize. Dominique just wanted to get herself ready for the date and she didn't want to go to a lame bash. While Kayla was at the bash, she conversed with upperclassmen about what college is really like.

"College is no joke. If you constantly fail, you get kicked out. No ifs , buts, or ands about it." A tall Caucasian guy said.

"The parties are better in college. Trust me." An Asian girl said in an excited tone.

"The beautiful thing about college is that you don't have to listen to your parents guide you around. You're on your own." An African American girl said in a calm tone.

Kayla mostly knew this stuff already, so she walked around meeting other freshmens. She socialized a lot more often and she got to see that some freshmens were friendly and nice. Some were mean and coldhearted.  After having a blast at the Freshmen Bash for two hours, Kayla returned home to get dressed for this double date. Dominique was all ready when Kayla appeared in the house. She had on a loose blue dress with blue and black pumps on. Dominique had mascara on her eyelashes and red lipstick on her perfect sized lips.

"Wow, you ready huh?" Kayla giggled.

"Yes, now it's your turn to be ready." Dominique shooed her to the bathroom. "I know you will look good."

Kayla searched through her closet and picked out a half red and half black dress. She was going to wear her red bottoms her uncle got her for Christmas. She went into the bathroom to wash up for 5 minutes. As she finished dressing herself, she put on some burgundy lipstick and put on her diamond earrings that Nick got her for Christmas. Kayla curled her hair into big curls. 10 minutes later, she came out the bathroom to two guys standing by Dominique. One of the guys was Aaron and the other guy was Kayla's date. He was light skin with hazel eyes. He stood to be 5'7 to Kayla's 5'3 stature. His hair was short and curly. Kayla was mesmerized by his perfect smile and his fashion. The guy stared at her in shock, but Kayla thought he was staring at her because he didn't like the way she look.