What would've happened if uncle Tom hadn't knocked on the door? You know. She had pulled her boss's T-shirt, sat on his lap and almost kissed him. In bed.

It was pretty obvious where that would've led.

Irritated by that lack of self-control, Alia gave up of reading and enjoying the quiet morning and got up. As soon as she did that, Mr. Henderson opened the boat house's decrepit door, holding a vinyl in his hands.

Their eyes met almost immediately. His brown hair was meticulously ruffled because of a soft morning breeze, his expression somewhat surprised. Alia looked away.

"Hi, I... didn't know you were—" Mr. Henderson started, raising eyebrows.

"I was... reading," she interrupted, holding the book with unnecessary strength. "But now I'm leaving, actually."

He nodded slowly, absorbing the words.

And looking at Mr. Henderson, she couldn't stop thinking how fast she'd taken off his T-shirt in bed. Embarrassed, Alia smiled and headed to the door.

"Wait," he asked, making her turn around. Mr. Henderson waved the vinyl he was holding. "I bought a new one. Paul Anka."

"Nice," she said while he put the disc on the phonograph. The vinyl scratches became audible right before Alia smiled uncomfortable to the slow song. "Well, I'll get going and let you enjoy your..."

"Would you... dance with me?"

She let a moment of silence grow between them. Mr. Henderson's cheeks were slightly red. Rather nervous, Alia chuckled and shrugged to the phonograph, unable to face him.

"After that dance class I'm pretty sure you know that I... suck."

"Nonsense." He knitted his eyebrows and glanced at her. "Do I need to remind you, Ms. Nazario, that you've signed a contract where the non-compliance of any clause may bring injuries to the deal?"

"Jesus," Alia said after a while, frowning a bit. "You do know how to convince a woman, don't you?"

"What can I say? I'm a businessman after all." Mr. Henderson chuckled, lowering his well-shaved face for a moment. When he raised his eyes and extended a hand, Alia felt her heart beating faster. "Please."

She smiled and put Pride and Prejudice over some ropes, grabbing his warm hand. Some seagull squawks joined the sweet and tender scratches of the vinyl while they moved in silence.

"You'll probably think I'm crazy," Mr. Henderson stated after a brief pause, looking over her head, "but I think better when I'm dancing."

"It's not crazy, it's science."

"You and your science." He rolled eyes in an exaggerated way, making her smile.

"The scientists say that when we move, our brain cells receive a lot of oxygen, and—"

"The same ones who says ice-cream is flavored frozen fat and dogs are more affable than cats?"

Even though Alia still felt embarrassed around him, she chuckled, raising one eyebrow.

"Will you ever forget that?"

"Of course not!" Mr. Henderson promptly stated. "What an absurd. Cats are great companions, and Marie Antoinette is the best of all."

She took some seconds to fully understand he was talking about his cat, and not the beheaded queen of France. Alia smiled.

"Who's taking care of her, by the way?"