Chapter Fifteen

"What is your plan now?" Creed asked as we made our way downstairs. I was holding my travelling bag and he was carrying both of my luggages.

I heaved a sigh. I had a plan in my head and I was praying that everything would be at it's place just where I wanted it to be. "I will check in a hotel first, while waiting for the finalization of my papers for my flight to France." I answered him.

Narinig ko ang munting pagsinghap niya at ang paghinto niya nang makababa na kami sa hagdanan. "What? France? Why?" He asked, confusion was evident in his tone. I faced him and the deep frown on his face told me that he was indeed confused.

I forced a smile but it turned out to be a grimace. "Matutuloy na ang expansion ng Dernier Cri outside Asia. Pagkadating ko d'un ay aasikasuhin ko ang nga papeles na kailangan para sa pagtatayo ko doon ng branch."

"Sino ang kasama mo? Do you have a place to live there?" He asked.

"Susunod sa akin si Kenneth after two months para tulungan ako doon. I will hire a couple of employees too, pero sa tingin ko ay kaya na namin 'yun ni Kenneth. Maghohotel muna ako habang naghahanap pa ako ng simpleng apartment. I already have a place for my office, kaunting ayos lang ang kailangan." I explained. Everything will take a lot of time but I didn't mind. I know that it will distract me from everything. It will keep me busy for sure, and that was what I wanted.

"You mean, you'll be there all alone for a couple of months?" Tanong niyang muli, ang nakakunot niyang noo ay mas lumalim pa.

"Yes," I sighed and gave him a slight smile.

"That would be very dangerous for you, Margaux. Babae ka, you're hot, I mean hindi ka pamilyar sa mga lugar doon kaya delikado." I stifled a giggle. That was actually the first time that I did that since I found out that my daughter was missing.

"I can manage, Creed. I've been independent since my parents died, so it's actually fine with me. And, thanks for the compliment." I winked and and chuckled afterwards when a hint of redness crept up from Creed's neck to his cheeks. He looked away and I find it really cute. It was fun teasing him.

I was about to walk again when Creed spoke. "My aunt is in Paris, perhaps I can talk to her so she can help you find a place?" He asked hopefully.

I faced him again. "Really? That'd be great! Thanks. So, tara na?"

Bahagya siyang tumawa. "Yeah, sure."

I was feeling a little fine that day. Ang pag-iyak ko at paglabas ng lahat ng hinanakit ko sa kwarto ng aking anak ay talagang nakatulong. Creed was right. Sometimes crying is the only thing that will make you feel okay.

But that feeling didn't last long. A familiar weight bored onto my chest when I saw Greg standing on the doorway.

Nanikip ang aking dibdib nang makita ko ang itsura ni Greg. It has only been a few hours since our last conversation at the cemetery but he completely looked like shit. His hair was everywhere, the right side of his linen shirt was already hanging loosely while the other side was still tightly tucked in. The first few buttons of his shirt was undone and when I looked at his face, his bloodshot eyes met my gaze.

He was such a mess.

"What happened to you?" Hindi ko mapigilang itanong. Agad ko namang naramdaman ang presensya ni Creed sa likod ko at ang banayad na haplos niya rito.

My heart constricted with more intensity when I saw Greg's lips trembled and tears welled up on his dark eyes.

"S-sweetheart.." he mumbled as he took some steps towards me and his gaze dropped on the travelling bag that I was holding and the other luggages behind me.