Chapter Fifteen - Antioch's Past

Start from the beginning

"Relax," Antioch say, waving him off. "There was a time when I used call you out on your bad behavior and you'd listen. But now it just seems like you resent me."

"I don't have time to resent someone who's not who they claim to be."

"You're just like a book, Jael. You never change and you're easy to read every time. That day happened and it's something that we all should get over. But I guess in order to do that I would have to come back and face what I caused."

"Facing it doesn't fix my view of you!" Jael says angrily. "You preached all those words of keeping calm and maintaining understanding and balance. Yet when Yohm came before you with a choice about the contracts, you shattered every one of those words with how you responded."

"I imagined I did. But just so you know, you're acting like I did back then by lashing out at me with every moment presented. If you want to be better than me, then prove it. Be a God of Judgment and not a God of Scorn."

Jael closes his eyes as more anger builds up. He soon sighs, before turning around and walking away.

~~~

In a cell far from Antioch and Michael, Stargas, Thun, and Hesia sits quietly. Thun flutters around the small room as nervousness starts to consume him.

"LET ME OUT OF HERE!! Just because I helped a demigod doesn't mean I'm a bad god!!"

"Lad, please, shut up," Stargas says as he lounges on his side on the bench. "The worse we can get is confinement for all eternity. The last part is just a minor detail."

"Do you think I want to spend an eternity with smelly farts and stank brews!? No way!! Now Hesia is different. I could spend that easy in her presence. But you? That's torture in itself!"

"Its best we keep calm and see how Antioch handles this," Hesia chimes in. "It's the best we can do."

"I agree, which is why I'm taking a nap." The hefty guy rolls over and falls to sleep. He grunts, letting off a big one.

"It's starting already! Antioch please! Save us all!"

~~~

The following day, Yohm sits on his throne with Jael by his side. "Bring in Antioch and the demigod."

The huge ivory white doors open at the end of the throne room. The sound of them echoes. The angelus, fully armed, brings in the duo. Michael walks with his head hanging low, while Antioch stares straight forward. When they arrive before the throne, they set Michael, on his knees, before it.

"Antioch has asked me today to hear your side of things. So the floor is yours, Michael."

The young guy sits, staring at the ground. Yohm gets up from his throne. He starts to walk towards Michael. Jael summons his spear, but the King of the Gods waves him off. Standing right in front of Michael, he bends to one knee.

"Speak to me, Michael. Speak to me as if we were equals."

Michael slowly lifts his head. His eyes meets Yohm's immediately receiving a calming spirit. "Why didn't you stop the ashuri when they started bringing contracts to humanity?"