X.

The jeep's rusted metal shell rattles as it drives through the narrow dirt path in one of the many Guatemala forests. It slows down as Drake eases on the break and comes to a stop near an opening in the trees.

"Here?" He asks judgmentally, cocking an eyebrow.

She smiles. "Jeez. See that reaction is why I never let guys drop me off at my house when I was a kid."

The two laugh, clearly attempting to lighten the mood. She climbs out of the jeep and reaches in the back for her bow as Drake opens his door to stand up himself.

"Hey, I never got your name." He says, nervously digging his hands into his pockets.

"Lara."

"Drake. Nathan Drake." He smiles. "Lara what?"

She smirks, ignoring his question, as she turns to walk away. "Nice to meet you, Drake."

"One more thing."

She sighs and turns around—to find him standing mere inches behind her. He holds up the emerald pendant, with the leather strap retied where it has been snapped, and lets it dangle between them.

Lara gasps and a smile fills her face. "Where—when?!"

He ignores her and raises it up to pull it over her head, fixing it to where it hangs perfectly around her neck.

"What about your buyer?" She asks as she reaches to touch the stone.

Drake smirks. "Ehh, what about him?"

She grabs him by the back of the neck and pulls him in for a kiss. The moment is short-lived, but well worth it. Their lips slowly pull apart, both of them smiling and blushing like lovesick fools.

Then they leave separate ways, without exchanging any words whatsoever. Not so much as a goodbye. The kiss said everything that they couldn't put into words, at least not in that very moment. But, eventually, these two will have their chance to talk things out... This story is far from over.