CH14: Friends or Enemies?

CHAPTER 14

Friends or Enemies?

They continued their journey or so they thought. But still no luck as they can't escape from the curse placed on them inside the forest. It seems they are having a hard time finding an exit.

They continued the plan as scheduled, that is to capture one of the stalkers who are observing them.

“I’m getting goosebumps...” Kaito keeps pestering Gakupo.

“Ok then leave!! Now!!” Meiko made an angry expression to Kaito that made him run towards Len.

“Are you guys ready?” Len waits for a signal. They are positioned in different places of the forest and ready for a battle.

“Start!” Len shouts.

They all stood still and observe their surroundings. None move an inch and everything went quiet. Before Kaito was able to tell a joke, Meiko manage to see a movement on the bushes.

She tried capturing it and ended up catching a live one.

“Am I great or not?!” She waves her hair like an actress.

“Wow she’s a total green!” Kaito trying to touch the stalker but she screamed.

“Don’t touch me!!!” She yelled so powerful that the forest was shaken; “Geez, is this the first time you saw a girl? You pervert?!”

“Me? Wait I’m not a pervert!!” Kaito declines.

Meiko rolls her eyes.

Why are you following us and what did you do to us? It seems we can’t get out here.” Len talked to the girl in a soft calm manner.

“I’m Gumi and I’m the caretaker of this forest!” She bowed down and then suddenly remembered something; “Oh my God! You’re all enemies! Why am I showing some respect to you guys?!”

They all look at each other like they got question marks on their faces.

“It seems you’ve mistaken us to someone else?” Kaito tried to laugh at it but everyone’s serious.

“So it began huh?” Meiko whispered.

“This is her idea...” Len thought.

“Why am I the only one who doesn’t know what’s happening?” Kaito pouted.

They all made a face palm expression except for Kaito.

“Kaito you idiot, it means the Draconic Faith already declared us as enemies!” Gakupo looking at Kaito who’s still confuse.

“Ohh.... Wait, ehh??!” Kaito became shock.

“Good heavens he got it at last!!” Meiko’s expression was sarcastic.

Len smiled while looking at Gumi; “Hi, I don’t know what they told about us but could you remove this curse if we have one? We need to rescue my sister soon.”

Gumi blushed as she saw Len’s face closer than before, “Err, okay...” she released them and in exchange they release her too.

“Thank you miss Gumi.” Len smiled again.

“No-nothing to worry about! It seems you’re all good guys.” Gumi continues blushing on that made her look away due to embarrassment.

“Miss Gumi, can you give us a brief summary what accusations they scattered through out the country?” Kaito smiled.

“Ehh...” she looked at everyone and starts pointing out one by one.

“Len the barbarian who sway his sword and kills a lot of army.”

“Eh what?” –Len

“Meiko the monster who brutally kills anyone around her path.”

“A monster?!!” – Meiko

“Gakupo the psycho who mentally disturbs everyone’s mind.”

“Do I even look like?—“ – Gakupo

“And Kaito the thief..”

“Wait, wait waaaaiiiittt.... They all have cool code names why am I the only one whose name suck?!” – Kaito

Len, Meiko and Gakupo laughs. Kaito was furious that he pouted instead of getting angry while Gumi also smiled.

“You’re all funny; I knew you’re all not bad.”

“I know it’s not on our faces right??” Kaito declared.

“No silly, I’m a caretaker here in this forest. I make potions out of living. I’m an alchemist!” Gumi paused a bit and continues; “Since the day the forest sense your presence it got excited for some reason.”

“Excited?” Len became clueless.

“Yup! It seems like the forest doesn’t want to hurt you all. But it’s an order from the oracle, even I can’t  rebel on it.” Gumi became sad.

“Dont worry, we won’t tell anyone you’ve met us as long as you never tell about us too.” Len offered his hand to Gumi for a hand shake. Gumi took the offer and smiled.

“Ok I will.”

They all left the forest. At last they are a bit closer to the devil’s mountain. Len knew at this point someone might be pursuing them but his determination won’t let him step back from his promise.

At the dragon’s Lair

“It’s getting near.” Rin prayed while the dragons are asleep. She knew she has no time left as she’s feeling the burden inside her body.

“Brother please hurry...” She hold her neck while grasping for air; “I’m running out of time, my body’s acting weird.”

She then suddenly collapses on the ground. Never did she know that the elder dragon awaken for his slumber and saw her lying on the ground making it furious and made a loud roar inside the cave.