CH3: Support from Behind

CHAPTER 3

Support from Behind

“Miss Luka is amazing! She’s the 1st ever declared Oracle Priestess since the birth of Dragonism! She’s the only girl who passed and even surpassed the previous Oracle Priests!”

“She has both brains and beauty!”

“She always prioritized the peace and harmony of our country!”

“Glory to Miss Luka!!”

Compliments about Luka’s actions keep spreading non-stop at the whole town. As Luka looks at the townspeople who keep saying positive feedbacks, she felt like she’s in heaven already taking all the praises.

“Ah such great feeling it is hearing those compliments just for me.” She walks slowly in the palace’s hallway keeping her posture good. Some maids passed by and bow their heads to her while she also bows to them as a response.

“See? I told you Miss Luka is a very nice person.” One of the maids says to her co-worker.

“Yes, she even responded to us even though we are just maids.” The other maid happily complimented Luka again.

“Fools of course I’ll greet you too! If I didn’t what will happen to the image I’ve taken care for such a long time?”

Luka flips her hair as she talks within herself.

“I don’t even want to talk to any lowlife workers such as them but I have no choice. This is for the sake of my image!”

She laughs as she continues to walk.

The hallway is made out of marble composed of colors flesh, blue and white. Giant pillars can be seen per each side, also you’ll see a wide collection of paintings at every wall, chandeliers are made out of small crystal glasses bringing elegance on the ceilings and it’s a long path from the entrance of the main palace to the next gate towards the garden. But before you can reach the garden, a door can be seen at the left side of the hallway 1 kilometer from the main gates. This door is quite special because only one person stays there in order to study peacefully without any disturbances. Luka opens the door and checks everything from left to right of the room. Sitting at the right side where a wide red sofa is located holding a book and quietly reading is a man she’s looking for.

“Ah Gakupo so you’re really here as expected.” Luka smiled and went to where Gakupo is. He has a matured face but with a gorgeous look that most women wants to date him. But he has no interest in such event that he prefers studying rather than going outside. He has a long straight lavender color hair styled pony tailed in his head. His skin is also silky that sometimes some people thought his using a woman’s lotion. He has a peculiar smile and violet color eyes. His wearing a white and violet robe which mostly worn by scholars.

“What are you reading?” Luka took the book Gakupo’s holding and checks the contents; “Still not contented on our own research I presume?”

“Knowledge is endless. To see more is to learn more.” Gakupo quoted.

“Ah, so you rather stick with your books than me?” Luka smiled and throws the book at the back.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous because of it?” Gakupo smiled while looking at Luka, he then pats the sofa asking Luka to sit beside him. Luka also smiled and sat beside Gakupo.

“So tell me did something good happen today?” Gakupo took another book at the table located at the right side of the sofa. A stack of books can be seen with different length, thickness and color. The whole room is actually covered with bookshelves; only two large windows can be seen in one of the sides of the wall and a fireplace at the front of the sofa for winter purposes. There is also a red large oblong shape carpet at the floor. As Gakupo reads another book from his right hand, he also rubs Luka’s hair using his left hand. 

“I received a lot of compliments today.” Luka happily says everything to Gakupo. They both seem like a nice couple if seen by the others but actually they don’t even know their own status of relationship.

“Congratulations again then.” Gakupo happily praised Lukas as he rubs her hair. “And then what happened at the parade?”

“The parade was nothing to worry about. I made the arrangements myself so of course it’s successful. I just lead Teto at the Dragon’s Nest for assurance.” Luka continues saying everything to Gakupo while fixing a small portion of her hair. “Actually, the dragon shifter told me about the sync process weakening again.”

Gakupo’s expression turned from happy to serious, “I told you before that it will happen soon.”

“But I still don’t understand why does it weaken as time passes by?” Luka became depress and while looking at Gakupo’s eyes she was like a puppy begging for attention. Gakupo closes the book his holding and talks to Luka seriously “It’s the same I think with humans on how you make a friend.”

“Huh?” Luka’s face turns to a question mark expression.

“This is just my theory, but every time we introduce a Dragon Gypsy to a Dragon it’s like we are introducing a candidate for becoming their friend.”

“A friend?”

“Yes, since one of the requirements to become a Dragon Gypsy is to sync their hearts. It’s normal to think that both should have a stable resolution and blends well.” Gakupo stop talking as he looked at the puzzled face of Luka “Err, I’m beginning to explain things using science terms don’t I?” Luka nods and Gakupo made a face palm expression.

“Then I’ll make the explanation simpler as it can be.” Gakupo rested his back at the sofa and sighed; “You for example have a lonely friend” he pointed his finger towards Luka” in order to cheer up your friend, you decided to introduce me to that lonely friend of yours.” He then pointed his finger to himself “Of course your lonely friend will be happy and he will trust me because I’m your friend too right?”

Luka nods as she listens.

“Then it’s the same as the relationship between a Dragon and a Dragon Gypsy. The reason they don’t move out from their lair is because the Dragon Gypsy is calming down their hearts. They can understand each other at some point using music and performance as communication. The more they understand each other longer the better." 

“I just noticed that you’re really hooked up on studying dragons huh?” Luka smiled beside Gakupo.

“They won’t call me a scholar for nothing right?” He then tries to embrace Luka but Luka suddenly stood up from where she is sitting.

“Gakupo thank you for everything. I know I won’t be in this position if it wasn’t for you. Because of you I’ve gained more knowledge regarding Dragons and up until now you still continue to aid me and not leaving my side to stray.” Luka showed a bit embarrassment while complimenting Gakupo. He on the other hand blush a bit and tried looking at the window.

“So from what I understand the more a Dragon spends time together with a Dragon Gypsy the more synchronicity they can produce right?” Luka smiled while walking circles inside the room.

“Yes because the longer they share their feelings the stronger their bond is. Well that’s only my theory though.” Gakupo tries peeking at Luka while pretending to look at the window.

Luka looks at the ceiling as she thought of something, “So I did the right choice earlier. If it’s for the sake of our country then it should be done.”

“What are you talking about? What did you do?” Gakupo got curious as to what Luka is saying but Luka just smiled at Gakupo “It’s a surprise! You’ll see it soon but for now all I can say is I believe in your theories and studies. Please give me more guidance regarding Dragons Sir Gakupo.” Luka bowed down to Gakupo making a lady like posture while holding her skirt at both ends.

Gakupo smiled thinking it must be something related to Oracle’s daily work then Luka pointed out something from the book she just took from the floor, “Then explain this to me next time.”

“Yes my Oracle Priestess.” Gakupo responded with a good intention of teaching Luka regarding his studies. But for Luka who is plotting something, she smiled devilish than before.