(27) Okay Maybe I'm a Little Drunk

Start from the beginning

"You're killing me." Axel kisses my cheek but doesn't make any attempt to move off of me. Not that I'm complaining or anything.

"Sorry I'd hate to kill my bed bud."

"That sounds dirty."

"It was supposed to be. It always seems like we're sleeping together." I give him a cheesy smile but he can't see it in the dark.

"Would you believe me if I told you that you're the only girl I've ever slept with?"

"No." Is my instant reply. "That would mean that you're a virgin and you're way too drop dead gorgeous for that." One of his hands cups my cheek and brushes the hair out of my face.

"Why are you a virgin?" Wow he doesn't lead up to a question does he? He just jumps right in.

"Because I choose to be. Plus the fact that I have trust issues and in my youth Monster made sure I was isolated. I never knew the right way to act around boys and always felt awkward. When I finally did meet someone-" I cough why am I telling him all if this? "He found something better and left."

"A girl?"

"Money." I answer quickly with no emotion. It gets tiring always being disappointed in people.

"I don't understand."

Does he ever understand?

"Neither did I. Axel if you wouldn't mind could you get off of me?" I press against his solid chest.

"Why?" There's a hint of playfulness in his voice.

"Because I want to rape you. Why do you think dumbass?!? I want to sleep and it's impossible when you're pressed against me."

"Do I make you uncomfortable." He's totally smiling right now.

"In more ways than you know." I mumble. It happens so fast. Axel's lips press against mine and his warmth flows through me. He uses both hands and tilts my head to meet his lips. Are those fireworks? No! There are no fireworks taking place! He presses his body into mine. Nope none at all. One of his hands wander to my stomach. Whatever there might have been dies. I push his hand away and off of me.

"No." I wave my finger and scold him like a puppy that just ate my food. Nobody touches my food!

"I'm sorry! Honestly I wasn't going to try anything it just happened." I imagine him running his hand through his hair nervously.

"It's alright I understand that I'm too sexy for you to handle." I laugh it off but honestly I don't know how to react. What does he think he's doing? Is this real or just all a game?

"Please hun I think it's the other way around." Axel scoffs and rolls off me.

"Axel I meant what I said the first time we met. Falling in love with me is off limits. I don't do relationships and I definitely don't do guys with issues. Personally I'm not emotionally ready for a meaningful relationship right now anyways." Or ever.

Axel doesn't say anything. Maybe he's angry or he understands. Whatever he's thinking he doesn't put into words. When morning comes we're both going to pretend this night didn't happen. I'll blame it all on the alcohol and if he asks I'll say I don't remember for his sake not mine. He gets up from my bed and walks away. I can't blame him I'm too messed up for anyone to love. I push people away when they get too close to protect myself. Axel is still somewhat of a mystery. He's here for some reason and that reason wasn't the one he gave me in the beginning. He lied to me but why? If he didn't plan on doing anything to hurt the team he wouldn't have to lie.

I reach for my phone and scroll to Zane's name. He answers groggily.

"Zane." I whisper into the phone.