guilt

i highly recommend you to read this one shot with the song. it'll help you deal with the angst more.

[angst/conflict]

[unedited]

It had been like any other day in Elsa's life.

A soft click echoed inside the small apartment, as a woman stepped inside, closing the door behind her with a soft thud. Her platinum blonde hair was tangled and sticking out into various directions from her once neat side braid, the used tie dangling at the tip, ready to fall down any second much like her body. She slumped down on the red sofa, letting her head fall back and heaving out a sigh.

She threw her old and used bag somewhere between the glass table and the carpeted floor – she couldn't remember and she didn't give a single damn if she broke yet another furniture in the household. Her eyes drooped down, the dark half-crescent moons becoming more prominent against the light on her pale dry skin. She took steady and deep breaths as the events from not too long ago flashed inside her mind like a broken record – repeating over and over again in a consecutive and dull way.

Elsa knitted her eyebrows together, creating hard lines around her closed eyes, the aching pain in her temples slowly becoming more noticeable with every passing second. And as sudden as the falling hard rain, realization dawned on her as fast and as hard. She bit the corner of her lip to prevent the sob from coming out of her cracked red-stained lips, clenching her dark pencil skirt in the process. She'd rather suffer a thousand deaths than to admit defeat.

Her body started to tremble in such a strong and intense force as she felt a wet drop fall from her face down to her exposed neck. She sucked in a deep breath and coughed out the hidden emotions bottled up inside her. Hands closed tightly with every ounce of strength she has left, a soft cry escaped her mouth.

Damn it, no.

Elsa quickly removed a hand from her firm grasp on her skirt and clamped it shut on where the accursed sound came from. She cussed on how much of an idiot she was for letting her feelings get to her inside her head. A mixed of emotions washed over her like big waves trying to get a grip on the sand. Her bony shoulders heaved up and down in a strenuous way as she shook her head over and over again in a denying way, her lips trailing a red wine – too red, matching her already crimson mouth, a deep shade it was from biting down on them too hard.

She let it anyway, much like any other day.

Her chest tightened in a binding and constricting way as tiny and sharp needles impaled it all at the same time. She felt as if all the oxygen from her lungs were sucked out of her, and was left with dread and despair – something she knew too well she would be able to recognize in a split second. She felt as if she was drowning in an ocean of happiness, she can't baptize herself in. She felt as if she was being embraced by death herself. An antagonizing and torment it was.

Elsa opened her eyes in a slow and careful motion and wiped away the blood using the back of her wrist, tainting her once white and clean sleeves. She blinked and looked down, her other hand becoming loose from its once strong grip, leaving cracked marks on her skirt. She heaved out a sigh, her blue and downcast eyes as empty as can be, her mind drifting off to places she never thought she would be as a once young girl with once big dreams of her future. What happened?

She let herself be driven away for a torturing minute, a second, a heartbeat, before she came to a tight and firm, yet depressing conclusion. And so, she stood with unsteady legs, pushing herself off from the couch, with slim arms and shaking slightly. She took a step forward with her black low-heeled sandals, almost falling but luckily caught herself in time. She started taking slow and easy steps, almost like a child walking. She stumbled as she took a hold of a cabinet, wiping her hand on it, along with the dusts and an expensive vase, falling down the tiled floor with its pieces shattering.