It was the baby.

Slowly and unsure . . . and quite terrified and tiptoed to the makeshift crib. At the pace of a snail I knelt beside it and sat back on my heels. I took a deep breath and then place my hands on the edge and leaned over the edge.

I gasped.

He was beautiful! But this couldn't be right . . . my mind just wouldn't register the sight in front of me. This baby couldn't be mine . . . it looked nearly a year old! I had surely not been dead for a year now . . . this is all wrong.

This was not Heaven . . . this was Hell. I was getting teased with something I could never have.

This baby laying in front of me was so beautiful it just wasn't fair that he could never really be mine.

His hair was pitch black and he had a full head of it. It matched Cole's so perfectly it almost brought tears to my eyes. His lips were a subtle pink like mine and his skin . . . it was so perfect! Even for a baby. White as snow and so precious. I was instantly in love with the child. I shifted my stance to pick him up, but stopped dead in my motions when I caught movement out of the corner of my eye.

I was so still I felt like an ice sculpture. I never remember being able to stay so quiet and still before.

Slowly a cautiously I turned my head towards the motion. I gasped and jumped back again.

The reflection in the mirror copied me perfectly.

I just sat there for a moment studying myself . . . well it had to be me, right? I mean it was a mirror.

But just like the baby, it was too shocking for me to fully take in.

The girl's face was in shock, frozen in time almost. She had an odd pale-tan complexion, but her skin was so even and smooth and model would kill for it. Her hair was deep brown then mine had ever been. Her curls fell perfectly loose around her shoulders to her waist. And her eyes . . . they were so green it was mesmerizing. They weren't too big, but certainly stood out against her skin. Her lips were a deep pink and quite plush.

She was absolutely beautiful.

I slowly leaned forward and the girl in the mirror copied me. She was bare foot in a tank top and shorts. Her figure was perfect. Skinny with curves in all the right places and nice long legs.

It was the figure I missed. The figure I lose when I had the baby.

I hesitantly decided to look down at myself.

I once again gasped. I matched the mirror image perfectly. My skin was pale, my hair dark, and my figure back to its original state and maybe even better than before. I looked back up at the mirror and walked forward slowly.

The baby still slept silently in his makeshift crib and I wanted to keep it that way.