Chapter 26

Present Day

Shannon’s POV

5 days after conception

It was a day after Damon had told me his story. I spent most of yesterday trying to find a way to confront them about their issues. If there was one thing I wanted accomplished before I died in two days it was for Damon ad Cole to be close again. I wanted that for them.

With me gone they would need to be there for each other and the baby. I would not give up until I breathed my last breath.

I was constantly tired now. I hardly kept track of days. All I did was watch Cole. The more with drawn he became I knew another day passed. The more blood they offered, I knew another day passed. The more panicked they became, I knew another day had pasted. Days and nights were really just mixing together now.

I slid out of bed and walked downstairs.

Cole was suddenly in front of me. I leaned back on the banister shocked.

“You shouldn’t be walking down the stairs alone. You could fall,” He warned.

I grabbed his hand rolling my eyes and walked forward to the living room.

“Damon,” I called through the house.

“Shannon, what are you up to?” Cole asked as he sat beside me.

“What do you need, Shannon?” Damon asked sitting in front of me on the coffee table. He didn’t even spare his brother a glance. I sighed annoyed.

“If she needed anything she would have asked me,” Cole growled.

“Maybe she realized I can take care of her better,” Damon growled.

“You  have got to back off, Damon,” Cole growled standing.

“You’re the one who got her in this position,” Damon accused also standing, “I am just trying to help her through it.”

“Guys, please stop,” I begged.

“Help her through what? Her death. Yeah, because you have great experience with death, don’t you Damon?” Cole teased ignoring me.

“Stop it!” I complained.

“You would never understand the pain I have been through, you jackass,” Damon growled shoving Cole.

“Stop it!” I shouted.

“That was too far brother,” Cole growled.