New Girl

I didn't bother waiting for an answer, the girl looked about 17, she had blonde hair and was about 5'2 mostly skin and bones. She dropped the basket and looked as if she might  passed out. By the looks of her outfit she had been in a horrible fight with a walker, she was covered in different juices and guts. I almost gaged at her smell.

I opened the gate and had the boys distract the walkers while I threw her over my shoulder and picked up the basket. She whined when I picked her up but one demand from Daryl when he used his intimidating voice and she shut up.

"We ain't got time for this. Get inside." I listened to Daryl comanding tone and ran back inside the gate.

I brought the formula and the girl inside the prison and set her in my cell on the top bunk above a sleeping desmond, I handed the formula to Beth so she could feed our little girl and ran back to the kitchen for some food and water.

Daryl caught my arm on the way, Rick and Carl were standing behind him. "What are ye doin?" He questioned me, squinting his eyes and let his grip relax on my arm and then fall when I gave him the same look.

"Glenn and Maggie were supposed to get formula, they go missing and this one" I jerk my head in her direction "Shows up with exactly what we need. She's seen something. How else would she know where we were and what we needed if not. And we're not gonna get any answers out of her if she's dead."

He let go of me. "Thank you." I told him, incredibly sincerely, he nodded and followed me to my room where she was laying.

"Ok, so." I handed her the water and helped her sit up. "I have a couple of questions for you, if that's ok."

She nodded her head and finished the water. I took the glass and handed it to Daryl who went and got some more.

"Whats your name?"

"Claire"

"Ok Claire, how did you get here and why did you have that formula?"

She greedily ate the food I gave her before answering.

"I was running from a horde of those dead people and came across your this couple who saved me. We waited out a few hours after they left but when we started to get into the car to come back here some guy, with a knife for a hand" Daryl growled softly but I don't think she caught it. "Just up and kidnapped them. I didn't know what to do so I came here, I figured you would want your people back."

I gave her the second glass of water "You guessed right."

~~~~~~~~~~

"Daryl! DARYL STOP! YOU IGNORANT FOOL YOU'RE GONNA GET YOURSELF KILLED!" The minute we told Rick who had Glenn and Maggie he was off to his motorcycle, trying to be the bad ass hero and save them and his brother.

"THAT'S MY BROTHER!" He shouted ay me.

"Don't you think I know that? You can't go running off, you need a plan, and more people." He scoffed at me and Rick chimed in. "She's right, if this place is even half as armed and dangerous as Michone told us you're gonna need help."

He took a second to think and looked between the two of us. Lupa came round and sniffed and nudged at him.

"Fine, it's gettin dark anyway."

He trudged back into the prison and I let out a sigh of relief.

Rick turned to me. "Now we have two injured teenagers that we just met, a pissed off Daryl and a complicated situation... you know we're not gonna like the end of this." I frowned and nodded at him.

Someone was gonna die, I just knew it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that night I looked at the two sleeping teenagers in my cell and walked outside.

It was a nice clear night, the stars were shining perfectly and if you could drive out the sound of the walkers in the distance, it might've seemed normal.

I lay in the grass, and counted out the constilations, Canas head was on my lap and I pet her while Carl sat on the other side of me and pet Raff.

Rick called him in for bed and Daryl took his place beside me.

"You know I think Lupa really likes you." I told him, he looked over at me and I smiled.

"Never had a pet before." He grunted.

"She's not a pet, if you ever abuse her she's turn on you and rip your throat out." I looked back up at the stars. "When I was growing up I had this neighbor, this stupid boy, who was really sweet and nice." I felt Daryl grab my hand. "He was the only one I ever told about Alpha. The 3 of us would all play together and it was like that until we were 16 and this stupid boy got angry at Alpha for some reason" I looked back over at him to find him staring at me.

"I can't even remember. Well, he threw a rock at her and she torn into him. He could never walk after that, and animal control never found her so I always had to sneak out into the far distance to spend anytime with her."

He chuckled. Got to his feet and reached out a hand for me. "Time fer bed, ye can sleep with me since yer cell is taken."

I let him help me up, and when we got to his cell, I let him watch when I took off my pants and bra and crawl into bed, then watched him take off his shirt.

He held me firmly, like he was afraid I was gonna leave.

"Daryl?" I said in a whisper to him.

He grunted in response.

"I'm not going anywhere anymore, ok? I'm so sorry." He kissed my head and held me closer.

"Ye better not. I'll be after you faster than an STD on Merle.

I fell asleep with a smile on my face and a warm feeling surrounding my very soul.