The rest of the morning classes were too long and not slow enough. My thoughts were sporadic and fleeting. They would shift between Tyler, David, and the assignment in front of me. I just wanted to get to lunch so I could see both of them. I would just repeat tiny details of them; the hazel of David's eyes, or the light brown strands of Tyler's hair. I wanted to spend more time with both of them. Although, I wanted to spend more time with David. Spending time with Tyler was great, but I missed David. I needed some alone time with him. But it seemed rude to not include Tyler now. He had worked his way into David and I's close friendship. At the moment it was holding itself together. And I knew that there was a one hundred percent chance of this all crashing and burning. It would probably be all my fault because I tried to make friends. I could hope that it would be on the off chance that David got mad and ruined the friendship – at least then I could be mad at him and not myself. Or maybe, Tyler would realize what terrible friends we are, but I didn't want that to happen.

It was almost funny to me that I was so attached.

The bell finally rang for lunch and I headed out of the classroom as fast as I possibly could without falling over and going into some type of seizure. Sitting down at our table, I started to eat my food. Tyler joined me a minute later and David followed after a while.

"So," David started, "I need you to come over today."

"Why?" I asked.

David looked shocked, "I think that's the first time you've ever questioned my intentions. Are you okay Em? What happened?"

I rolled my eyes at him, "I was just curious. No need to get so melodramatic."

"We just need to do stuff." David said looking up at me. We had a silent conversation through eye contact, which didn't do much for me. I got distracted with David's eyes and so that left me a little more than confused when we broke eye contact. I just sighed and glanced over at Tyler.

"Okay, we'll do stuff later."

David smiled brightly, "Yay! Thanks so much Em! You're the best."

"Well that is why they call it a best friend, right?" I said. David laughed and I smiled a little. I loved David's laugh. I loved everything about David, but his laugh was something beautiful. Lunch carried on, and so did the rest of the school day. I felt somewhat bad for having to leave Tyler out of whatever David wanted to do, but it seemed important. Or maybe, David just wanted some alone time with me. I couldn't exactly tell. Which is weird in itself.

After my last class ended, I made my way to my locker. David was already standing next to it waiting for me. He smiled when he saw me and I tried to will the blushing of my cheeks to go down, but they weren't having it today apparently. I tried to open my locker as calmly as I could. David patiently waiting for me. I closed my locker and looked at him.

"You're in a good mood." I said, raising an eyebrow.

David grabbed my hand making my cheeks flush bright red as he dragged me out of the building. "Come on."

I followed David to his car and got in. He drove us to his house. Mindless chatter about how our day was and other stuff that we did filled the space in between now and then. We went up to his room and I watched as he rushed around grabbing seemingly random things. A few blankets, a flashlight, and a mysteriously large bag. He handed me the stuff before going into his closet and rummaging around.

"Okay seriously David, what are we doing?"

He backed out of his closet holding a small bag and grinned at me, "You'll see."

I rolled my eyes at him, "Well, I can't carry this."

David wordlessly took the large bag and led me down the stairs and into the kitchen. He opened up the fridge and placed a small picnic basket into my hands. "Then you can carry this." I nodded and David's mother walked in.