Chapter 1

I heard the shop bell ring, and I glanced up already knowing who to expect. My breath got caught in my throat as I saw his bleached blonde hair with a strip of blue peeking out from under is backwards snap back. He looked down at me in my seated position. No emotions filled his icy, vibrant blue eyes. Today I decided to try something a little different, rather than have our regular stare down every time he comes into the shop. I smiled at him, and watched as the corners of his mouth twitched up, causing him to sport a marvelous smile. I felt my cheeks burn, so I turned around and continued working on the design of a boat I was doing for one of my regular customers, Harry. He was cute I must admit, but he has nothing on the blondie. I never knew his name, and if I asked Rick, his tattoo artist, he'd tease me on days end, so I kept quiet. I turned around and watched the blonde boy take his shirt off, revealing his toned abs. He sat down on the chair and pointed to where he wanted his tattoo to be, which was around his collar bone. He was speaking in great detail by the looks of it, though he was too far away. He made hand gestures as he spoke, which made him look so cute. He glanced over at me, so I turned around quickly and finished the design for Harry. After a few minutes, the bell rang and I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey, Nix!" I heard Harry say to me. I smiled at his use of my nickname, Nix. All my friends called me that, since my name was Phoenix.

"Hiya curly," I stood up and hugged him then grabbed my design and handed it to him, "watcha think?"

He grinned once he saw it then said to me, "it's wicked babe. I love it! Lets get this sucker on me."

I nodded enthusiastically, ready to begin the tattoo that will be on his left bicep. I placed the design on his bicep and wet it down so the temporary ink will stay on his skin. I then got my needle ready and began tattooing the outline onto his skin. We made small talk for the 2 hours that it took me to finish the ship and details. After I was done, he stood up and looked at it in the mirror.

"I love it, Nix! It looks so amazing!" He hugged me and I smiled, and led him to the front desk.

"How much?" He asked, taking out his wallet from his back pocket.

"$250, no tax," I smiled at him, "cash or credit?"

"Whatever works best for you." He replied.

"Definitely Cash then." He nodded and handed me two one hundred dollar bills and a fifty.

"Thank you! I'm glad you like it!" I smiled at him as he waved goodbye and walked out of the shop.

I went and switched the sign from 'opened' to 'closed' and walked back to get my stuff. To my surprise, Rick and Blondie were still here, chatting.

"I have to stay late to pay some bills and stuff, if you still want that ride you can hang around for another hour or so." Rick said to me.

"I can take her home." Blondie told him, shocking me with a sexy Irish accent.

I quickly agreed for obvious reasons. 1; I don't want to hang around here doing nothing or have to walk home alone at night. 2; this will give me a chance to speak to him.

"I'll go grab my stuff..." I trailed off, not knowing his name.

"Niall." He nodded and smiled at me.

I smiled back and ran to grab my coat and purse.

After I walked back out, Niall was waiting for me by the door. I called a goodbye to Rick as Niall took my hand, leading me to a black range rover. He opened the door for me, and I hopped in mumbling a thank you. I glanced around his dash, he had a few CDs placed up there. He shuffled around to the drivers side, getting in and starting the car. The sound of Nirvana's song "Dumb" filled my ears. I quietly sang along. I glanced over at Niall, and he looked over meeting my eyes for a second. He had a smirk on his face as he stared at me.

"You want me." He said without any hesitation. I was a bit taken aback that he even said anything of the sort.

"What makes you so sure?" I questioned snottily. He shrugged slightly.

"Every girl wants me. Hell, even a few guys probably want me." He said, pulling the car over.

"Well I can assure you I don't 'want' you." I said back, turning away from him.

"Yeah you do, babe." I felt his hand on my upper thigh, rubbing soft circles in my inner thigh. He started kissing my neck, sucking and nibbling all over.

"Stop." I commanded.

"And what if I don't?" He leaned back and attempted to kiss me. I smacked him across the face, instantly regretting it after seeing rage fill his eyes. He gripped my shoulder tightly, leaning over to my ear.

"Don't you ever lay a hand on me again, got it princess?" He harshly whispered in my ear. I whimpered, his grip on my shoulder tightening.

"Stop.. You're hurting me." I said to him, a tear escaping my eye. I felt him let go, and then continue driving.

There will definitely be a bruise on my shoulder by tomorrow. After 15 minutes of utter silence, I pointed to street, signaling him to turn there. After I told him the rest of the directions to my house, I thanked him and started to get out, before I felt him grab my wrist. I turned back and looked at him.

"I'm taking you out tomorrow night, wear something cute." He winked at me and then tossed me my phone.

"How did you get me phone?" I asked him.

"I have ways. Bye love." I closed the door to his car and watched as he drove off. He's a maniac. I'm not planning on seeing him tomorrow, or ever again for that manner. Of course I will have to see him on the occasions where he comes into the shop, but nothing more than that. Had I known he was a complete self absorbed douche, I wouldn't have even given him a second look. I went inside my house, collapsing on the couch. I felt my eyes start to droop, before I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I pulled out my phone to see who would text me at this hour.

Rest up babe ;) and maybe you should change out of your day clothes an put on some pj's, you don't look very comfortable. xx N

I quickly got up and locked all the doors and windows, then shut the blinds. The message was from an unknown number, but the signature at the end obviously meant it came from Niall. I went up stairs and changed out of my clothes and into pajamas. I lied in bed then quickly felt sleep consume me.

----------------------------

A/N: hiiiiii. So this isn't my first fan fic, I have written some on other sites so if you're interested I'll post links (:

COMMENT. VOTE. FAN. <3

- Syd