Chapter 17

Bruce pov

I watched through the one way glass as fury interrogated Leo. I could tell that the kid was telling the truth and I wanted to stop fury but I knew I would just get myself in trouble. He turned the dial up more and the kid winced. He kept asking questions and when he called Fury furry we couldn't stop laughing. When fury asked who he did the favor for and he gave us a complicated answer about doing it for everyone I was surprised that he could come up with such a complicated answer in such a stressful and painful situation. The next one he screamed and I don't know why fury would do that I mean he gave an honest answer I could tell on his face and his eyes that he was telling the truth. I just don't know what he means my that. Fury turned the dial all the way and once I saw that I knew I had to stop this, that much electricity could kill him. As I ran out the door I heard him scream again. I barged into the room just as me passed out and yelled "What are you thinking? You could've just killed him!" I yelled whiled checking his pulse. "He wasn't giving me answers what was I suppose to do just let him get away with it?" He asked. "And besides, who are you to question me I'm your boss, not the other way around. Now take care of kid." He said while leaving the room.

I had Thor carry the kid to my lab, where we put him in a bed and we hooked him up to heart monitor. I looked up at the clock and it read 9:47. "Well guys it's getting late we'll hand cuff him to the bed and lock the door. We're all tried and have had a long day." I said while grabbing a pair of cans hfs out of a drawer and tossing them to Clint so he could put them in the kid. We left the room and locked the door behind us. I was thinking about all that the kid said in the interrogation a few minutes ago. He made it sound like he saved the world, which I know it not true we would have known if there was something going on. There is no way an apocalypse could happen right under the avengers nose right.........?

Leo pov (dream)

I was back in the war with Gaea and I was watching all my friends die in front of me over and over again like a broken record. Then the scene shifted and I was standing in the middle of a throne room. I turned around but there was k my one throne so I knew I was not on Olympus. Then I saw like a year supply of winged sneakers and I knew that I was Hermes's palace. I turned back around and thee stood Hermes in all of his glory. He had George and Martha his snakes on his universal phone. I bowed and waited for him to tell me to rise. I did and he said "You have great troubles to come Leo, I hope you know that." "Ya that's what Athena said." I said back. "Well your hear right now for the same reason that Athena and Ares came to visit you." He said " ok so your going to bless me?" I asked kind of confused. "Yes." He said back simply. "But why do I need to be blessed? I mean I'm not complaining or anything but why do you need to bless me?" I asked. "Well you see I'm very good at getting out of sticky situations pretty quickly right?" "Ya i guess" I said back not knowing where he was going with this. "Well you'll need to get out of some sticky situations later on so you'll need the blessing of Hermes." He said and shot a green light at my chest. I started to glow green and afterward I could see all the escapes possible for the throne room. I could practically see the wallet in Hermes pocket and before in knew it it was in my pocket. "Now, you can picks locks in a matter of seconds, you can steal almost anything without getting caught and you can run a heck of a lot faster. Just be carful who sees you running you could already run really fast before but now it's pretty much super speed." He said to me. "Oh and good luck with what's to come next." He said finally and then I woke up with a start. I was about to itch my nose but my hand was jerked back down. I looked down and saw I was in handcuffs. I smiles and quickly unlocked the cuffs just be touching them.

I eventually got really board and once I took out the security cameras with a flick of my wrist (also a little gift from Hermes) it instantly shut down and I started to make little shapes and animals made of fire. So then I thought maybe I can solidify the animal enough to make it real? I made a cat out of fire and then focused on making the cat real. When I opened my eyes I was looking a black cat strait in its green eyes. I pet the cat and tried to think of a name. I couldn't think of anything so I decided to call him oncat and he's you pronounce that - on cat-. It means cat in some language in a book I read once. Oncat lied down on me and fell asleep. Then about an hour later the door banged open and Oncat went hiding under the bed. After looking at poor Oncat I looked up to see........