Prom

Kierstan's POV

I look in the mirror and smile. I look...gorgeous. I've never felt this beautiful in my life. My mum stands behind me with tears rolling down her face. She smiles at me. I turn around and wrap my arms around. She rubs my back. She pulls away and looks at me.

"You look gorgeous." she smiles at me.

"Thanks." I smile back.

The doorbell rings and my mum runs downstairs to get. I look down at my window and look down. I see Louis. I smile and walk downstairs. Louis is talking to my mum, when I walk downstairs. He looks dashing. I smile at him. He looks up at me and smiles. I look down at the ground. He walks over to me and tilts up my chin. He looks me in the eyes and smiles. He leans in and places a soft and passionate kiss on my lips. He pulls away and smiles at me.

"Picture time!" my mum squeals.

I blush and smile at my mum. We do a few poses. My mum hugs me and places a kiss on my cheek. I grab Louis' hand and walk outside. Louis smiles at me. I see a limo and gasp.

"You didn't have to do this." I smile.

"I wanted too because, I love you." he smiles at me.

I place a kiss on his lips.

"I love you, too." I whisper.

He grabs my hand and we walk into the van. Zayn, Liam, Niall, and Harry are here with their dates. I smile at them and they smile weakly at me. I wonder what's wrong with them. I shake it off and grab Louis' hand. This is gonna be the best night ever. I lay my head on Louis' shoulder.

"We're here!" Louis smiles.

He grabs my hand and helps me out. We walk into the venue. I gasp it's so beautiful. The lights are pink and purple and the room is dimly lit. Soft music is blaring out the speakers. People are swaying to I'll Be by Edwin McCain. Louis grabs my hand and pulls me to the dance floor. He places his hand on my waist and pulls me closer to him. I wrap my arms around his neck and look him in the eyes. I smile at him. He leans down and places a soft kiss on my lips. Butterflies thrash around my stomach. We sway gently to the music. I feel so special around Louis. I smile to myself. Soon, Crazy Kids by Ke$ha starts playing. I pull away from Louis and start dancing. Soon, he joins in and we start dancing the night away.

"I'm gonna get some punch." I tell Louis he nods his head and keeps dancing.

I make my way through the crowd to the food table. I grab a cup and pour me a cup. Someone taps my shoulder and I turn around. It's Liam. I smile at him. He looks guilty.

"Hey Liam, what's up?" I ask him.

"He's gonna break your heart." he blurts out.

"What?" I ask him.

He grabs my hand and pulls me out the dance floor.

"A while back, Harry dared Louis to date you and take you to prom. Then, he also dared him to break your heart at prom. He's gonna do it tonight, Kierstan." he explains.

"Why can't you be happy for me, Liam?" I ask him.

"I'm telling you the truth. I don't want to see you get hurt." he whispers.

"Why?" I ask him again.

"Because, I love you. Louis doesn't, I do." he whispers.

I stare at him. I shake my head and start to walk off. Liam grabs my hand and pulls me back. He smashes his lips into mine. Butterflies start thrashing around violently in my stomach. Fireworks burst. I feel sparks with him. I pull away and look him in the eyes.

"I can't, I'm with Louis." I whisper.

I pull away from him and go back to the dance floor. I can't believe he kissed his best friend's girlfriend. That kiss was amazing. I've never felt that with Louis. It was special. I push through the crowd looking for Louis. I can't find him anywhere. What if what Liam said was true? Tears well up in my eyes. Louis wouldn't do that to me, who he? I look for Louis some more but, I have no luck. I find Harry.

"Um Harry, do you know where Louis is?" I sniffle.

"I think he's in the bathroom." he replies.

I nod my head and walk towards the bathroom. I see Niall and Zayn chatting. I walk up to them.

"Um can you guys see if Louis is the bathroom?" I ask them.

They nod their heads and walk into the bathroom. I lean against the wall and wait for them to come out. They come out and shake their heads. I say thanks and walk away. Where is he? He wouldn't ditch me. I mean, I'm his date and he loves and cares about me, doesn't he? Tears sting my eyes. Maybe, Liam was right. I look around again and he's nowhere to be seen. I walk out into the hall and look for him. Nothing. My heart sinks. Tears spill out of my eyes. I run back into the dance floor. I run into the bathroom and sob my heart out. He made me believe that he cared. He lied. He ditched me. I wipe away my tears and look into the mirror. I don't see a beautiful and confident girl, I see that scared broken girl. I walk out the bathroom and back into the dance floor.

"OK! It's time to announce prom king and queen." the head cheerleader smiles.

People gather in. I look down at the ground.

"Prom King is....Louis Tomlinson!" she smiles.

Loud cheers come from the crowd. Louis comes out of nowhere and onto the stage. I glare at him as she places the crown on his head.

"And Prom Queen is....Kierstan Jones!" she smiles.

I stand there in shock. Why me? I slowly walk up on stage. The crowd claps and cheers. Louis smiles sadly at me. I look at him weirdly. I was going to say something, but punch falls from the sky and on me. I stand there frozen. Tears sting my eyes. The crowd bursts out into fits of laughter. I look at Louis and he smiles at me. My heart shatters. Tears blurry my vision. I run off the stage and out the doors. I hear footsteps behind me and I turn around. It's Louis and his friends. Tears stream down my face. I let out a sob. I believed him.

"That color looks lovely on you." he smirks.

"Why?" I whisper.

He punches me in the face. I fall to the ground. Sobs shake my body.

"You actually thought I loved you. It was so freaking not to throw up when I was with you. I hated every second with you. I was cheating on you with Ashley the whole time we dated. You're just a stupid and broken girl." he hisses.

He starts kicking me. He keeps kicking me in one spot. There's a loud crack and I let out a loud scream. Pain shoots through my body. He grabs me by my hair and and slams me against the wall. He keeps doing this over and over again. Each time, with more force. Soon, my whole body is numb. Harry and Niall hold me up as Louis punches me over and over again. I hear another loud crack and I cringe. Zayn and Liam stand in the back and watch me get beaten to a pulp. Tears roll down my face. Louis grabs my body and slams me down on the ground. I stare up at the sky. All the boys start kicking my numb body. I see darkness coming towards me. Louis kicks me in the head. I hear Louis mutter a 'worthless' before, the darkness consumes me