•••Chapter Five•••

The next few days have gone by so quickly, Marley finally came back to school but promised our mother that he would stay away from Charlie. Speaking of Charlie I keep passing him in the halls, he just sends me a wink then walks off.

But it was now Friday, the day I said I would tutor him. I choose this day as I knew Marley would be at practice, as for our mum she's never home only in the mornings, she's been like that since our dad died.

I move all my maths things to the kitchen, the books were all set up waiting as the door begins to knock. Taking a look at the clock, he was half an hour early, I shrug making my way over to the front door.

I open it and come face to face with Charlie, he stood there smiling with his school bag over one shoulder. I smile moving aside to let him in, he thanks me making his way into the house as I close the door.

"We'll work in the kitchen, follow me" I smile, moving past taking him to the kitchen, I didn't know if I should feel nervous about this or not.

"Got it all set up," he says from behind me, I just nod taking my seat while pulling the books towards me "I'm just waiting for your brother to burst out of somewhere" he laughs looking around, I think he was just trying to make conversation.

"No, I chose today as he's at practice, it's just you and me focusing on work" I smile, I take a look at the chair telling him with my eyes to sit down, he finally gets the point taking the seat beside me.

"Mr Jones told me you're his best student, I thought you'd be a huge nerd but you're not," he tells me pulling his books out, I just roll my eyes watching him "you're actually the complete opposite to how I thought you'd be" he smiles, wait is he trying to be nice?

"Thanks, I guess, but enough talking it's work time" I smile opening my book to a page about equations, he smiles opening his book to the same page.
Who knows where this is about to go.

We spent around an hour just working, I thought he wouldn't do anything but he actually did and was slowly starting to get it, I felt like a proper teacher!

"Now just solve that easy sum," I tell him, he nods working it out slowly but ends up getting it right "there see, I told you it's easy once you know how" I smile, he smiles back looking quite pleased with himself.

"You're a great teacher" he smiles placing his pen down, I thank him turning to look at my book.

No one spoke for a while, I mean we were basically finished but neither of us went to move anything to leave. I turn to look at him but before I knew it, he had crashed our lips together. I sat there shocked for a second before finally giving in, what felt like forever we eventually pull away from each other.

"Well" he starts, but his phone starts blowing up with messages before he could continue "I better go but thank you" he smiles quickly packing his things away, I sat there shocked for a second but soon break out of said trance.

Once he had everything I follow him to the front door, just before he walks out he turns to place a kiss on my cheek.

"I'm taking you out, I'll text you the details" he winks before opening the door leaving, wait he doesn't have my number.

I place my back against the door just staring at the wall, did that just happen? Did I really just have my first kiss over maths work? With Charlie Wilson!