Ten

Sometimes, you can't explain what you see in a person. It's just the way they take you to a place where no one else can.

_______________________________________________

The entire lunch was completely silent, I managed to avoid the awkwardness by focussing on my food instead of further asking him stuff that might add fuel to the fire -- I decided to save those for later.

After lunch he invited me to his garden, we passed by a small bridge and a staircase filled with graffiti...His lawn was pretty big, next to it is an understandable sized pool and a jacuzzi. He took something from his pocket which I'm sure is a pack of cigarette, he lights one and started to smoke looking somewhere far and I figured I had to say something..

"..So, what do you want to talk about?" I said trying to sound as casual as I can, tucking both my hands in my pockets.

He looked at me questioningly so I figured I should say it again. "I did not go here to watch you burn your lungs, I came here to talk"  I said speaking out loud, I was never a fan of smoking because my grand dad died of lung cancer and eversince I've always avoided smoking amidst everyone in my industry introducing the idea to me.

He must've seen me feeling uncomfortable because he threw the cigarette that he lit which from the looks of it didn't even reach half. "Sorry" he said and I just didn't see that coming... Zayn saying 'sorry' is something else...

"I don't know where to start" He said walking close to me. 

"How about, You ask me a question and after that I'll ask you a question? What do you say?" I'm not really sure about his idea and where this could come from, but if that's what it takes for me to get to know things then fine...

"fine" I said.

"But first, let me take you somewhere" He said taking me by the hand once again dragging me to his gazeebo, it's not that big but it has some retro vibe in terms of interior completely far more different than that of his living room and kitchen, it looks like a pub with bar counters, stacks of unopened and opened expensive liquor, a collection of glasses and a nice bicycle centerpiece...

"Welcome to the pub!" he said pulling out a counter chair. I sat down and he went to the opposite side of the counter where he prepared a nice drink for two... 

"Thanks" I said.

He sat next to me placing his hand on back support of my chair, his other hand holding a glass of rum... "Liquor helps sometimes" he said. "So, you first. What do you want to know?" He added probably noticing me looking at him in silence...

"How did you know I was out of town?" I started because that's basically what popped up in my mind...

He chuckled at my question like he finds me unbelievable or weird... "It wasn't that hard actually" he said rubbing his chin with his hand... "GPS is pretty much a thing in iPhones nowadays"