Chapter 15:Beyond the Horizon, A New Journey Begins

It was an overcast day, with the sun peeking through a gap in the clouds. I recalled in mind what happened yesterday. I thought that I was dreaming but it was all true after all. From the balcony I could see a lot of knights who are in training. I could say that they are professional fighters. Right now, everyone are also training on their own already. But I won't lose to them, I need to train too.

While I was walking, I caught the sight of the castle's greenhouse. I was astonished of its grand design upon entering it. The entire place looks very big indeed. There were a lot of flowers with different hues that I have never seen before.

I decided to train in a big space at the center of the garden. It helped my concentration a lot because of its quiet and peaceful atmosphere. After training, we packed up all our things and we're all ready to go.

_________________________

As planned, we arrived in the lost world at night. A portal suddenly opened in front of us, telling us to go in.

"Is it a trap?" I asked Lucia-sensei.

"No, he's planning to make us come to him right away. I don't think he would attack us already. I'm sure he wants to fight us in his domain. Everyone! Be alert!" She commanded everyone as we all followed her and went through the portal.

At the other side of the portal, we saw an enormous fortress surrounded by water. There's a vast forest behind it. Inside it was a labyrinth of stairs and passageways.
How would we find the right way to the king? Before we know it, monsters started to appear from the shadows. We began to fight them but they kept on respawning all over again.

"Everyone! The chemical department will take care of this, now go!" Mira-sensei shouted.

All of us in the special department and the rest of the knights continued on going upstairs. Even though we're worried, we tried to put up a strong front. I know that it was hard for everyone but during times like this, we need to control our fears.

Door to door, there were monsters and groups of magicians who are left behind.
Despite having uncertainties, we continued our fight. We trusted each other that no one will die. And it was our absolute promise.

_________________________

Me, Lucia-sensei, Seiji, Mia and some of my classmates from the special department were the only ones who were left. We arrived at the highest floor of the fortress, quite tired and hungry. But it was the opposite of our strength. We didn't use too much magic because of everyone who protected us and are left behind by their own will. We can't waste their efforts so we'll surely save the world.

From afar, we saw Arren standing at the center of the room, waiting for us. I knew that this would happen but I was still confused if I'm really ready for this. I felt a pang on my chest as I looked at him, his eyes were greatly clouded but at the same time, I could see the sadness that his hiding inside.

"Arren! Come back to us please, we don't need to fight!" I exclaimed.

"Shut up." With that, he ran towards me.

Before anyone could make their move, I quickly stopped them. They stared at me with a puzzled look.

"Please leave him to me."

"Are you crazy!?" Seiji was dumbfounded.

"I'll bring him back for sure. So...please trust me."