Chapter 10:Accursed Destiny

💠~LUCIA'S POINT OF VIEW~💠

"Alfred, tea please."

"Right away, milady." He hands me a cup of tea.

"Ma'am this is today's current report."

"Ahh yes, please put it there."

A lot of paper works are already piled up on my table, waiting for me to sign all of them. Break time is totally not enough for me. As the academy's activities increases, more works are added to our authority.

"How's the investigation going?" I asked one of my assistants.

"Sadly, there's still no lead about the sudden disappearances of people nowadays. The agency is currently sending some of its well-trained students to investigate further issues." She explained.

"I see, that's the only thing that I wanted to know. You may go now."

Judging from the agency's progress, it's not enough to convince me. Some of my subordinates have gone to research about this kind of matter, but unfortunately, none of them gain something from it. The academy is currently facing various issues regarding this unfinished report.

"Alfred, could you kindly set up a meeting between me and his majesty tonight?"

"As you wish."

I need more information, but where can I find some? The only thing that I can do right now is to find some witnesses. And the king can help me with this.

"Excuse me ma'am, I don't mean to invade your privacy. But could you please explain to me what's on your mind?"

"You're as sharp as ever Meideline. Well if you insist I'll tell you..."

____________________________

"Your highness, someone is asking for your presence." One of the castle's servants escorted me to the king.

The king has been very busy these past few days that's why we rarely meet. It's hard to think that his people are always handing him their problems. I'm sure that he's quite tired of it, the citizens of this kingdom are really dependent. They take advantage of his position as the king and puts all the hard works on him.

"Oh, Lucia! Nice having you here. Is there a problem?"

"There's something that I want to discuss with you, your magesty." I said as I gracefully bowed and showed him respect.

"Come on, you don't need to do that. You're my former classmate, at least make yourself at home."

"As you wish." I smiled at him.

That's right, he and I graduated from the same school. We were really close in the past too. Time surely flies faster than I expected. It's different now, we both have our own life to manage.

"As the headmaster of Arisiera Academy, I would like to abolish the current agency and form a new kind of agency that would be working independently."

"You mean...you want to---"

"Yes! I want to create a 'Special Agency' that I can freely manipulate.
Of course, its activities wouldn't be against the rules. But I would like the investigations that will likely to be performed inside it be kept a secret."

"All of it was so sudden, could you please give me time to think about it?"

"Sure, no need to rush. I will be waiting for your positive response."