Chapter 17: ...Awkward (pic of ali)

Começar do início

             "We're related only by marriage, not blood."

             "Still!"

             "I know," he said, sighing. "How could this have happened?"

             I felt like such a whore. I had not only slept with the man who was married to my sister, but I had also slept with my boss! And he was with Lisa! How could I have done this? I couldn't have been that drunk!...

             Icy splinters twisted uncomfortably in my stomach. I needed to get out of there... I needed to reverse time! I needed to... do something!

             There was a huge awkward silence. Both of us were panicking. I could remember it all now. It was one amazing night, even if it was a drunken mistake. I still couldn't believe how reckless I had been. I shouldn't've drank so much, even if it was my birthday!

             Panic built up inside me. What if Lisa found out? What if Summer found it? 

             I felt dirty. I had betrayed her, even if it was unintended. I had sworn I wouldn't turn out like her, and here I was, having slept with somebody else's man! How ironic. I had gone behind my sister's back after all.

             "I need to get changed," I said.

             He nodded. I looked at him. I was waiting for him to look but he just stared at me.

             "Are you going to look away?" I asked bitterly.

             "Why? I've seen it all now anyway," he murmured and there was one of his signature smirks on his face. My jaw dropped at his comment. How had he suddenly changed from panicked to cool? It was so confident and so offensive and... so natural! Was this somehow funny now? Well... I guess it was funny in a way...

             "Please?" I added, cheeks flaming in embarrassment.

             He snickered but turned around anyway. Taking my chance, I grabbed my clothes and quickly changed. 

             "You can look now."

             He turned around and then pulled the blankets off himself. 

             "Woah!" I shouted, slapping a hand to my eyes. "At least warn me before you do that!"

             I heard him chuckle and stood there awkwardly. I wanted to see again but I didn't want to open my eyes to find him still changing.

             "You can open your eyes now."

             I pulled the hand away reluctantly and I jumped about three feet back, squealing, when I realised he was right in front of me. How had I not sensed him?

             "Admit it," he said huskily, "There's chemistry between us."

             "W-what?" I stammered. "You just said it was a mistake-"

             "It was," he said simply. "But that doesn't mean I didn't like it."

             I felt another blush rise to my cheeks and I fixed a glare at the floor. He let out a deep laugh before reaching out and brushing the hair away from my face.

             "You're so cute when you blush," he whispered.    

             I liked the feel of his hand against my cheek. It was cool against my warm, sweating face. I pushed that thought away quickly.

             "We're not having this conversation," I said sternly. "You're moving in with Lisa!"

             "I've been meaning to break up with her, you know that." His eyes held mine as he said it.

             "That doesn't matter," I said, chewing on the bottom on my lip.

             "Ali-"

             "I-I don't know why you think we have chemistry," I blurted, "but we don't."

             "We have something-"

             "No," I said, shaking my head. I knew the real reason he thought he felt this way. "You and Summer had something. I'm not some consolation prize because you lost her."

             Shock swept over him. His mouth was slightly open and I instantly felt bad for those words, but they had to be said. Us sleeping together was a mistake - he even admitted it. 

             "Ali-"

             "I'm leaving," I told him abruptly, ducking under his arm and rushing out of the room. I heard him call after me but I was already down the stairs and out the door before he could catch up.

             The cold air hit me when I was out. I took a deep breath. No matter how much I wanted to deny it, Dennis was right.

             We did have chemistry.

_______________________________________________

Hey, hey! Bit late, so apologies! I decided to change the actress playing Ali! And guess what?! Her name is Alison! Which is the long version of Ali! Is this fate or what?

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed it!

Pic of Ali >>>

This is for my brother, who's turned 20 today! Happy birthday, bro! XD