Chapter 18 ~ Caution

Começar do início

I had no choice. "I'll go. Make a plan soon though. I'm useless with the belt on."

Gray nodded, then turned to walk away. I started towards the window.

"Pyro!" Gray suddenly called, causing me to turn on my heel, staring him dead in the eyes, "Be careful out there. Don't get yourself killed."

It was my turn to nod, then I was gone out the window.

Lucy POV

Nothing was going through my head but panic. Anxiety coursed through my veins. Adrenaline was pumping through my heart and into every inch of my body. But I no amount of struggling was going to save me. I had already tried to wiggle out of the handcuffs holding my wrists above my head. If I could get out of those, I was free. The metal anklets was just a matter of pressing a button.

I knew I wasn't getting out anytime soon though. The cuffs were tight, and my hands were starting to hurt from being above my head for so long. My legs were tired from standing for so long. My head hurt from all the events that had happened in less than an hour.

I was taken, captured, pulled by my hair, cut, and almost raped.

And I had a feeling that was only the beginning.

Pandemonium was still raging outside the door, I could hear the pounding of steps and the beeps of alarms. That's the only thing keeping me from thinking I was dead. The sounds of chaos. Wendy had saved herself, and bought me a bit of time in the process.

Though, they hadn't found her yet. Hopefully she had made it all the way to Natsu or someone who could help.

The door opening pulled me from my fantasy world of being rescued by a knight in shining armor. In walked that man who had tortured me before. A new wave of terror made its way through me as he approached my sad state. He roughly grabbed my chin and pulled it closer to his face. I squeaked and my breathing quickened. Our faces were just a couple inches apart. And I could do nothing to help myself.

He released me with an angry sigh, slamming my head against the metal back yet again. "Your little friend is gone. These imbeciles lost her in the woods and we can't track her down again until we get more data." I silently let out my relief. Wendy was safe. That was the only good thing that had happened all day.

My happiness was cut in half when the man started to rake a knife down my thigh and into my calf. "But that means I have nothing else to entertain me until we find her again."

My breathing hitched and I bit my lip to hold in a cry as he started to scrape the knife down my forehead and cheek.

Natsu... Save me...

Natsu POV

I ran. That's it. I could faintly smell the path Wendy had taken. So that's what I followed, swiftly, like a cheetah being chased by a predator. Only I was running towards my predator.

But they had my Luce.

Determination drove me to run faster. I couldn't live with myself if Lucy's porcelain skin was stained or tainted by that asshole. I would never forgive myself if I was too late.

So I ran at top speed towards what I was sure was my downfall, but Lucy's survival. Green trees flashed by in a blur, bushes and branches slapped at my skin, stinging the slightest bit. I would be torn and bruised by the time I reached the base.

And that wasn't long from now.

The smell of assholes and bastards was getting stronger. I slowed to a creep, to stalk up and sneak in. As much as I needed to save Lucy, I needed to avoid confrontation as well. Confrontation was what got me into this mess to begin with.

I took a deep breath and poked my head over a bush. Nothing. Not even a camera was pointed towards me. It looked abandoned except for the lights on inside. I couldn't even see a guard through the windows.

They knew I was coming. They could track me. Of course they knew I was coming. I could waltz right in and no one would really care. They knew I was walking down to the torture chamber anyway. I was basically skipping to my own death. How convenient was that for them?

It never hurt to be cautious though. The more I stayed quiet, the less likely I was to explode, causing even more trouble when this restraint shocked the crap out of me. So I'm going to go with slow and steady, against all my values.

I was climbing up a tree to cross to the roof via branch when I heard a blood curdling scream pierce the air with perfect accuracy. Lucy. That was Lucy's scream. "Dammit, Luce, hang on. I'm coming," I reassured myself in a soft whisper.

Throwing caution to the wind, I jumped out of the tree, ran to the front window, and smashed right threw it. Not a single alarm went off. Damn, they really were just going to let me bring myself to prison. Not that I minded. No resistance, no problem and no complaints from me.

I took off in a sprint down hallways and stairs. I knew the cells and everything was down towards the bottom, but from that point on, I knew nothing. Eventually, though, many flights of stairs later, I reached a floor that was labeled as "Authorized Personal Only: Strictly Only Those With Level 3 Permit or A Letter Permitting Entry Into Holding Area". Seemed legit enough.

My foot met the door with brutal force, knocking it clean off its hinges, and bringing it clanging to ground. I jumped over it and continued on down the hallway of cells to another large steel door. This one was cracked open, however, inviting me in. Another grunt from a female voice confirmed my suspicion that this was my last stop.

The door hit the wall thanks to my fist and pent up anger. I took angry steps towards the middle of the room, where everything had gone silent. I rounded a corner, and found Lucy, tied up, her arms above her head, feet attached to a metal backing, bleeding from her head, arms and legs. Her head was hung down, but I could see the sweat perspiring on what wasn't covered in crimson and a grimace on her face. She managed to weakly lift her head to see what had saved her from further torture. Her chocolate eyes were glassy and distant, but still lit up when she met my gaze.

"Natsu!" she exclaimed, a new found energy rustling her limbs.

"Hey, Luce," I smiled my toothy grin to show some sign of hope. I was here now. She would be okay.

I began to take steps towards her weak figure, when Ryker stepped out from behind her. "Stop right there, Dragneel," he held a knife to her throat, "or she will die."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Thanks for reading! I appreciate every single view! I didn't think I'd get close to 100 but yet I have 300. Thanks so much!

~MelodyElaine