Holy sh*t.......

I tuned back in to the last part of their conversation, but this time I heard Williams voice in it as well.

"I'll leave tonight. I'll make sure they take precaution and then come back." This was William.

"Good. Makes sure they don't panic or disrupt their search. And tell them that if any of them are hiding the vampires, they will be severely punished."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Thank you. Now I must be off and hunt before I go back. It's been too long since my last feed and I'm feeling the side effect of it." Dimitri sighed in relief and rubbed his head as he stood up.

Alex laughed and stood up as well, releasing me. "Always starving yourself. Remember which animals are a no no in my lands."

"Yeah, yeah," Dimitri huffed with a wave of his hand and did the whole brotherly handshake with Alex. Never thought I'd see that....

When they were done laughing, Dimitri turned his eyes on me and sniffed again. Alex tensed besides him and growled. "Dimitri...."

"I know, I know. But I'm still getting the whiff of it. Can I get closer to her to make sure? You know we don't get that tingly BS you werewolves have. We actually have to go by scent."

Alex began to growl louder, but surprised him when I said, "Yes." I myself wanted to know if I was his mate. Why did he say he could smell me when I already had a mate? Alex hadn't really talked to me about Dimitri, so I didn't know much about him until now. From what I could guess, he was the King of vampires and maybe as old as Alex.

So did that mean he was my mate too? I was too confused and I just wanted to clarify my thoughts before I got frustrated.

"Delilah....." Alex growled loudly and I sent him a stare.

"Alex, stop. He's your best friend. He is just going to sniff me and then leave. Right Dimitri?"

"Right...." He whispered and walked up to me. Alex stood to the side, his fists clenched up besides him and I could tell he was having trouble controlling Max since his eyes were flashing back and forth.

"Max....." I warned and Alex shook his head. Dimitri took the last step and then slowly brought his face to my neck as I froze.

Oh my goodness.... There's a hungry vampire centimeters from my neck.... Why did I agree to this???

I felt his cool breath fan out against my skin and I shuddered. Alex growled, I sent him a small smile and he nodded before returning his glare to the man sniffing me.

"You smell like Alex...... But the scent is still faded. As if......" He took a long gulp of air and I shuddered again. Alright sniffing Delilah time is over. This was getting creepy!! "As if it wasn't even there in the first place. But why did I smell it?"

One of his hands went up to brush the strand of hair that got in his way. As he slowly brushed it back, I stiffened and froze at the same time he did. There was not a single person breathing as Dimitri slowly gathered up all of my hair and pulled it up, revealing my neck.

Why was he..... Oh no my mark! He saw it!! I immediately took a couple of steps back, but completely regretted it when my roots pulled me back to him.

"SHE HAS THE MARK!" He hissed and then not even two seconds later everything went chaotic. It all happened so fast, if I had blinked I would have missed it but I didn't.

Mags grabbed a crying Ali and took her somewhere else as Alex lost control of Max and lunged towards us. William quickly intercepted him as Dimitri wrapped an arm around my chest and pressed me in front of him as he hissed and bared his fangs.

"LET GO OF MY MATE!" Max roared with so much power, William dropped down to his knees and bared his neck. I felt something cold touch my neck and I whimpered before Max roared again.

"She has a MARK! You know what this means to me!" Dimitri hissed so violently behind me, I let out another whimper. I couldn't move, I couldn't speak. I was shocked and scared all at the same time. So this is why my mark always had to be hidden. It was important to vampires... But why?

"SHES MY MATE! YOU WOULD HAVE TO KILL ME FIRST TO EVEN LAY A HAND ON HER LIKE THAT!"

"THAT CAN BE ARRANGED!" Dimitri roared back and that was all that took it. Alex lunged for us at the exact same time I felt a sharp prick on my neck. It only lasted for a second, but that second was enough for something as I started to scream.

Everything began to hurt and I could not move a muscle as I fell down to the floor. Throughout my screams, I heard many snarls and hissing and things crashing and breaking. It didn't take long for Alex to come back to me, his eyes still golden and his canines still elongated.

"Max will make mate safe!" I heard him snarl before his teeth went into my neck and then everything went black.

Gah I don't know why I keep on doing this to y'all!! Am I horrible or what??? 😂 Please comment and vote!!! Was it what you expected?? I wanna know!!! Thanks!!!