F I F T E E N | Oni ownership

After getting Meredith from the school we ran into Scott's house and was met with Scott's dad and Isaac.

"What are you doing here?" Scott asked.

'I could ask you the same thing" his dad asked where as we were supposed to be at school.

"Free period" Stiles said. "We're doing a group study."

"Who's that?" Scott's dad asked motioning to Meredith.

"My best friend" I said quickly.

"Mmmm I don't really like you" she said a I looked at her making a face.

"We're working on it" I said snapping my head towards Scott's dad.

"I like him" she said looking towards Isaac and I scratched my head.

"Okay he can come too" I said and gently moved her forward as we all went upstairs.

We got into Scott's room and she sat down on the bed as Scott stayed behind talking to his dad.

"Can you tell us where she is?" I asked and she turned to me a little creepily.

"Okay. If she tells me" she said and I clasped my hands together.

"If she tells you" Isaac questioned.

"Can you ask her?" Stiles asked.

"I already did" she said.

"Perfect what did she say?" I asked.

"She said" she began slowly. "She doesn't wanna be found."

I sighed raising an eyebrow and biting my lip.

"That's good too" I sarcastically slapping my hands on top of each other.

Isaac pulled me aside and I stood beside him tapping my foot.

"You said she hears things right?" Isaac asked.

"Yeah" I replied.

"So she's like Lydia?"

"A banshee" I muttered looking up to her.

"Okay try to focus on the sounds around you, what you're hearing" Stiles said to Merideth as he heard our conversation. "Focus on the silence."

"Listen to the silence" Isaac added.

"Focus on the silence" Stiles said again.

"Listen to the silence" Isaac added.

"She can't listen to the silence if it's not silent" I said leaning towards them and Stiles shot me a look and stepped back shrugging.

"Is anyone gonna get that?" Merideth asked suddenly.

"Get what?" I asked.

"The phone."

"What phone?" Stiles asked.

"The phone" I said hitting him slightly.

He pulled it out pretending he was talking and then handed it to Merideth.

"They say" shebegan and then said some word in a different language and I tilted my head.

"Spanish?" Stiles questioned.

"French" I said at the same time Scott walked in.

**

We found out Lydia was at Oak Creek aka the old camp from WW2 I believe. I sat in the back of Stiles Jeep and leaned forward between him and Scott. Isaac pulled me back in the seat telling me to buckle up and I sighed doing as told.

"Are you okay?" Stiles asked Scott.

"I'm fine you don't have to worry about me."

"Ok I'll say it you look pale and sickly and you're getting worse" Isaac said to Stiles. "We're all sitting here thinking it and I don't know how Ariel still kisses you."

"Isaac!"

"When we find the other you is he gonna look better?" Isaac asked.

"Void was kinda hot" I said suddenly and everyone looked at me. "Sorry. He was though."

I sank down into my seat and everyone shook their heads.

"What happens if he gets hurt?" Scott asked Stiles.

"What like if he dies do I die?"

"I don't care" Stiles said and I rolled my eyes. "Just as long as no one else dies cause of me.

"Stiles you don't care if you die but I'll be devastated" I said suddenly sitting up. "You said it yourself 'death doesn't happen to you it happens to everyone around you who are sitting at your funeral and wondering what they're gonna do now that you're gone' Stiles."

"Ariel, I remember everything I did" he began. "I remember pushing that sword in Scott. I remember twisting it."

"It wasn't you" Scott replied plainly.

"Yeah but I remember it" he said. " You have to promise me no one else will get hurt because of me."

"That includes you too" I stated.

We soon arrived at the place and Isaac helped me out as I stuck my dagger in their pouch around my leg and grabbed my bow and arrows. I slipped my archery glove on and walked up beside Allison.

"We've done this before guys" Scott began. "A couple of weeks ago we were standing around like this and we saved Malia."

We all nodded.

"That was a total stranger. This is Lydia."

"I came here save my best friend" Allison stated.

'I came here to save mine" Scott said looking at Stiles.

"I just didn't want to do homework" Isaac replied and I agreed.

"Same. Oh and to save my boyfriend and best friend too" I stated. I gave Stiles one last kiss as we split up and I went with Allison. She grabbed me stopping me and I turned to her.

"If anything happens" she began.

"No" I replied saking my head.

'Listen I didn't say bye to mom. If anything happens know that I love you Ariel. You're my best friend and I couldn't imagine a day going by without you" she said and I teared up. "I'm so lucky to have a twin like you."

"I love you too" I said hugging her and she kissed my cheek as we walked forward to Kira and Isaac who were facing Kira's mom. Allison and I loaded our bows and stood firmly together looking at her and the oni's. Allison and I drew our arrows back.

"Call them off" Allison stated.

"You think you could take him alive? You think you could save him?"

"What if we can?" Kira asked.

"I tried something similar 70 years ago. Your friend is gone."

That statement hit me like a bullet as Kira began talking to her mom. I adjusted my leather jacket by shrugging my shoulders around as my boots rubbed the ground from me getting into fighting position. Kiras mom made a face and opened her hand revealing a dead firefly. I raised my eyebrows confused adjusting my fingers layed across the arrow string.

'What does that mean?" I asked.

"It means there has been a change in ownership" Stiles stated and we turned to him. Void. "Now they belong to me."