Chapter 4

I sat on the morning bus, just waiting for Jim to get on, but he never did. Although it gave me a depressing start to the day, I just kept my hopes up that he would come so I could show off our new relationship. When I came to school, there was still no sign of Jim, but I just carried on and went to my locker. While I was unpacking my bag, I could hear the click of a teacher's heels on the floor, which didn't bother me until they stopped right behind me, "Ava, please come with me". 

While I was following the teacher I couldn't help but think what was going on. Did it have something to do with Jim? Is he hurt? Why are the calling me? The questions were swirling around in my head, but soon came to a stop when the teacher opened the door to a classroom and told me to go in. At first, I thought the classroom was empty, until I saw four boys sitting near the back, Pedro, Mikey, Neutron and Jim. "Boys, move up to the front", the teacher said in a harsh tone, "Ava, there please" she said as she pointed her bony finger to a spare seat in the front row. I slumped into the hair and  looked over to Jim, who was looking at me, and flashed a smile to which he just guiltily dropped his head at. Before I could have any reaction to his weird behaviour the teacher began to lecture us. Shit, they found out about us leaving school, my dad would kill me if he found out about this. Luckily, our punishment wasn't too bad. We only had to come for lunchtime detentions for the next three days, and she said our parents won't be called, but if it happens again they will be.

Her lecture went on for hours, and we missed out on the first period and a half before she let us go. When I walked out of the classroom my attention immediately turned to Jim. Why was he acting that way? Our lockers were only about a metre away, and the other boys are upstairs, so I decided I should confront him about it there when we were together and in private. I got to my locker and turned to Jim, who I noticed was already walking towards me. He smiled, and lifted me up so I was sitting in my locker with my legs wrapped around him. He leant in and kissed me, which eventually led to a make out. I pulled away after a few minites and laughed, "What's this about?". Not that I didn't enjoy his sudden outburst of kissing and stuff, but he was acting like we were saying goodbye. He looked down, and his happy expression turned to a face of guilt and depression. "Ava, I have to tell you something" he said, "Yeah?" I asked anxiously. Jim looked up and into my eyes, "I am so sorry Ava", "Why? What happened?", "Well, yesterday at the cliff, Neutron told me he had a suprise for me. So when I got home after yours he came over and took me to some random girl's apartment.". I had no idea where Jim was going with this story but I knew it wouldn't end well. Jim continued, "Their names were something like Blinky and Winky or maybe, uh i dunno, but it's not the point. When i got there one of them offered me some cocaine and I wasn't thinking and I took it, and it was a complete mistake because I did something I really shouldn't have done and I regret it so much, Ava", although I didn't like the fact he took cocaine and was with some random girls, I could tell he was upset and needed comfort. I put my hand on his cheek, "Why? What did you do?" I said smiling, "Um, well, I was just completely not thinking and I didn't mean to", "Jim, it's okay! What happened?", "Uh, we kind of had sex.". The smile wiped off of my face. I pulled my hand off his face, pushed him back and got out of my locker. I could feel a tear rolling down my cheek, and my heart felt like it had sunk below my waist. Jim put his hand onto the side of my locker, trapping me close to him, "I'm so sorry Ava, it was a complete accident. I love you so much and I -" I pushed his hand down, freeing myself. "You should've thought about that before you had sex with a random whore" I said with eyes full of tears. I kept walking, everything was blurry because of the tears and my head ached. I could hear Jim calling out to me, but I didn't turn around, I couldn't.