In My Time of Dying

My eyes blinked open slowly "Dean...Dean?!" Hands tried to keep me down as I thrashed against them. "Dean!" The lights began flickering.

"Selina..."

I calmed down when I saw Dean in front of me and he pushed my hair behind my ear

"Selina. Calm down, I'm right here,"

"Let me through she's my sister!" Sam exclaimed

I turned when I saw Sam by my side"Sam you're ok..."

"Yeah...I'm alright,"

I sat up the Doctors and nurses backing up. "I want to leave," I told Sam

"That's not up to me..."

I turned to Dean "Dean help me out here..."

Dean looked at me shocked as Sam looked at me worried.

"Selina...Dean's not there," Sam said

"Of course he is..." I looked towards Dean, but he still gave me the shocked look. "Guys quit playing around this isn't funny,"

"Perhaps she should stay here, perhaps look and see if any damage was done to her..." A Doctor suggested

I glared at the Doctor "You come near me with a needle and I swear..."

"Let me just show her and I'm sure she'll clear up. If anything she's thinking about the ride here, she was next to Dean the entire time," Sam explained to the Doctor.

The Doctor nodded and I got off the bed following Sam.

"Sam what are you talking about. I'm not..." I looked into the room and saw Dean's body intubated and unconscious. "Oh my gosh. What happened to him?"

"He sustained serious injury: blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. Head trauma and early signs of cerebral edema," Sam explained

"I was in the same area as him..."

"According to the doc, he shielded you..."

I looked up at Sam "You're telling me that because of me he's in that state,"

Sam put his hand on my shoulder "Look I've got to go get some stuff for dad..."

I shook my head "I'm staying here with Dean until he wakes up,"

"Selina..."

"He will wake up," I growled as I took a chair and sat next to Dean's bed.

***

I woke up when I heard the monitors begin beeping and saw a figure floating above Dean's body "Get away from him!"

"Miss..." an arm tried to get me out of the room as nurses and doctors began to surround Dean.

"Get away from him!" I shouted but it wasn't at them it was at whatever was above Dean. "Stop it!" Someone pulled me in and faced me towards their body. "Get off of me,"

"Selina calm down," Sam said

"You get the hell away from me. I said get back!" Dean exclaimed. The monitors began to slow down as did Sam's grip on me.

"We have a pulse. We're back into sinus rhythm," A Doctor said

I felt a hand on my shoulder, but it was faint that I knew it was Dean

"Don't worry. I'm not going anywhere. I'm getting that thing before it gets me. It's some kind of spirit, but I could grab it. And if I can grab it, I can kill it," Dean told me

Sam headed back for John's room that I looked towards Dean's body

"This is all my fault," I cried

"Hey!" Dean's spirit knelt in front of me and looked me in the eyes "If, given the choice to turn back the clock to that moment, I'd still make the same decision. You're my sister and I'll protect you,"

"Kind of hard to protect me when your body's stuck to a life support system,"

"I'm still here aren't I?"

"You better or I swear I'll bring you back and kill you myself," Once Dean walked off Sam came in with a brown paper bag, by the look of his face I knew what it was "You're kidding me,"

"We need to talk to him," Sam reasoned.

I sighed and leaned against the door with my arms crossed

"Hey. I think maybe you're around. And if you are, don't make fun of me for this, but um, well, there's one way we can talk," Sam pulled out a Mystical Talking Board.

"Oh, you gotta be kidding me," Dean muttered

"That's what I said," I said

"Dean? Dean, are you here?" Sam called out

"God, I feel like I'm at a slumber party," Dean said

"Wish I was there," I smirked

Dean looked at me with a smirk "Down girl," he sat opposite of Sam "All right, Sam. This isn't going to work," Dean slid the pointer to 'Yes' "I'll be damned,"

"It's good to hear from you, man. It hasn't been the same without you, Dean," Sam said

"Damn straight," Dean and I stated at the same time.

"Dean, what?" Sam asked as Dean moved the pointer around "H? U? Hunt? Hunting? What, are you hunting?" The pointer slid back to 'yes' "It's in the hospital, what you're hunting? Do, do you know what it is?"

"One question at a time, Sam," I told Sam

"What is it?"

"I don't think it's killing people." Dean told me "I think it's taking them. You know, when their time's just up,"

"A reaper," I told Sam

"Dean. Is it after you?" Sam asked

I shook my head "If it's here naturally, there's no way to stop it,"

"Yeah, you can't kill death," Dean sighed "I'm screwed,"

"Dad'll know what to do," Sam claimed.

I felt a tingle go down my spine and knew something was up. I followed Sam but broke off and began heading towards the Boiler room.