x

Calvin Harris ft. Florence Welch- Sweet Nothing

Marcel:

The only place I find peace is at the feet of my grandparent's angels. Back at the packhouse, everyone is bewitched by the new baby. I love my little brother. Now that he's born along with my Alpha Academy graduation notice, I have to take over the pack. I can't see myself doing it yet. 

My parents want me to they say I am ready but I don't feel ready. I feel like something's missing. To make matters even better, my first assignment as acting alpha I have to make that stupid fucking treaty with the Vampires. 

"You come here a lot," speak of the fucking bloodsucker.

"Yeah, this is where I like to come to be alone," I said trying to drop a hint without looking at him.

"Are you upset? Your sarcasm is at its peak," he sat down next to me. Him sitting on the ground bothers me. This place doesn't suit him.

"I'm just stressing out a little," I finally admitted. "My brother was born a couple of weeks ago and now my parents need me to take over the pack. Which is right on time with graduation and the second mating ball,"

"Graduation should be a weight off your shoulders. Your little brother is a blessing. I remember when Reema was born I love her," he said looking down at his feet. "As for the ball, you don't have to attend if you do not wish to,"

"I don't want to but my parents insist that I find my mate. They say it's the natural thing to do," I laughed. Pushing aside my better judgment I rested my head on his shoulder. He didn't give me the warmth Jay said a mate was supposed to give. I didn't want warmth. I wanted his cool exterior. It soothes me. It sweeps away all this heating anxiety that hovers over me like a plague. "I hope he isn't an alpha. Sometimes I wish he didn't exist so that I can remove that stress from my head and concentrate on what is really important," 

"Don't say that. Your mate adores you. I can assure you of that. When the time comes for him to show himself all these thoughts will be pointless. Granted you might be a bit upset with him for taking his sweet ass time but it will be better I promise," I sighed.

"What about you?" I asked wanting to sound as happy as his reassurance is. 

"What about me?" he smirked.

"Aren't you nervous about who your mate might be?"

"No," he smiled. "My mate can be a brat, she can demanding, and mean but I will always love her," the way his eyes lit up made me want to cry.

"I thought it was only wolves that were supposed to be all hopelessly in love," he chuckled. 

"Your lot is hopelessly in love. You are in love with the idea of something. I can assure you that I am in love with a real person,"

"How can you be in love with a real person if you don't know who she is?" 

"Not yet but even knowing who she is. I won't really know who she is until I treat her as an equal, not an expectation or idea of what she should be," I looked up at him.

"That is beautiful. Are all vampires poets?" he laughed.

"I am not a poet I can say that with confidence,"

"You're just deep and mysterious," 

"Isn't that my appeal though?" I looked away as the blush crept up my neck and over my face. "Marcel look at me,"

"What?" I laughed with a smile and lost it to the seriousness of his face. "What is it?"

"If I were to be your mate would you accept me no matter what the world thought or said?" His question was lonely like it was something he wanted to know badly.