The Unexpected Princess

Start from the beginning

Charming nodded and moved over to his wife wrapping one arm around her waist and used the other to raise her chin up so she was looking at him in the face, "That's what she wants – to get in your head." He said gently but with a hint of firmness as he moved the hand that rested under her chin to now run through her soft ebony hair, "But they're only words. She can't hurt us."

Snow scoffed and moved away from him, "She poisoned an apple because she thought I was prettier than her. You have no idea of what she's capable of." She said firmly and shook her head. It was true, while Charming did have some understanding of Regina's power he still had a lot to learn when it came to knowing the true extent of Regina's power.

Charming sighed and slowly walked over to Snow, resting his hands on her arms, rubbing them up and down in a form of comfort, "What can I do to ease your mind?" He asked, at this point willing to do anything to ease the mind of his true love.

This was her chance. Snow knew that if she was going to ask him to let her do what she was wanting that know was the time to ask. "Let me talk to him." She stated firmly, looking her husband right in the eyes.

"Him?" Charming repeated her last word, confused about who she was talking about until it hit him. Charming's eyes widened, "You don't mean..." His voice trailed off, not wanting to say that evil man's name a loud.

Snow nodded her head firmly, "I do."

Charming started pacing again. "No, no, no. It's too dangerous." He stated firmly, that man was too dangerous to be around, even if he was locked away. Charming did not want his wife, the woman he had been through so much to be with, to be near him. Especially now that she was carrying their child.

But of course Snow stood her ground, "He sees the future." She stated.

Charming scoffed and shook his head, his hands resting on his hips as he looked at his queen, "There's a reason he's locked up." He replied.

Snow shook her head and looked back at the bassinet for a second and then back to her king, "Can you promise me that our child will be safe? Can you guarantee it?" She asked seriously, her eyes pleading her husband to look at the situation through her eyes, and understand that they needed his help. "Because he can." Snow stated firmly as she walked back over to her love and took both of his hands in hers.

The king and queen were both silent, Charming stood there looking down at Snow, his mind now truly thinking about what she had just said. Could he truly protect the two people in the world he loved and cared for the most? What if Snow was right and Regina's threat wasn't just empty words like he thought, how was he going to protect them?

Charming looked at the small bassinet and walked over to it, he reached up and ran his fingers over the small crystal horses that decorated the mobile that hung above the small bed that would soon hold their child. He sighed and turned back to his wife, "Alright. For our child." He said firmly as the two of them turned and looked back down at the empty bassinet.

He was resting on one of the top beams above his confining cell, he hated being in there but he still laughed knowing that soon he would be free, and that the beginning stages of his plan were about to unfold.

He was broken out of his thoughts by the voice of the guard calling his name, "Rumpelstiltskin. Rumpelstiltskin!" The deep bellowed and echoed throughout the dungeon, "I have a question for you."

Rumpelstiltskin cackled and started to climb down to his cell, "No, you don't." He called back to the guard as he made his way down to the bottom of his cage, "They do. Snow White and Prince Charming..." He said with a spin tingling laugh lacing his words as he pointed to the cloaked pair standing beside the guard. "You insult me. Step into the light and take off those ridiculous robes." He smiled widely at them as the king and queen stepped forward and removed the hoods from their heads, "That's much better."