Nineteen

Snape had given you a detention, for not focusing properly. You couldn't help it though, all you could think about was your secret admirer and Fred.

After he had made you scrub down all of the filthy tables, without using magic, you quickly left the classroom, not wanting to end up in any more trouble. It was now late evening and you had missed dinner. You were in need of some food and cheering up.

You decided to look for the twins, as they had never failed to make you smile. First of all, you checked the Great Hall, but they weren't there. But you made sure to grab some food, which you sneakily ate, as you wandered through the dimly lit corridors, which were devoid of life. Then, you headed towards the library and they were nowhere to be found there, either. Tat wasn't a shock to you, as they only used the library if you were in there, or if they needed to do some research for their pranks. On many occasions, they had been thrown out by an angry Madam Pince, for causing a disruption.

Defeated, you trudged back to the common. You had no other ideas, as to where they could be. "Oh, hey, Ginny." You greeted, seeing the youngest Weasley sat by the fire, writing something on a piece of parchment paper. "My brothers said you would turn up sooner or later." She told you, with a small smile on her face. "Any idea where I might find them? I've been searching all afternoon." You asked. "How about the statue of the one-eyed witch?" She suggested, a knowing look in her eyes. Something must be going on.

Thanking her, you quickly left the common room and made your way to the statue, where only one twin was waiting, which was unusual. "Hi, George! Where's Fred?" You smiled, trying to mask your confusion. "I think he went to the Astronomy Tower. He told me that he wanted to talk to you, actually." He replied. "Really? Well, thank you." You said, curious as to what Fred wanted.

The Astronomy Tower was at the top of a lot of stairs, meaning a long climb. At the top, you could just about see a tall figure and you instantly knew that it was Fred.

"Fred? George said that you wanted to talk to me." You said, as you walked closer to him. He turned to face you, smiling nervously. "Did he? I was not aware of that." He chuckled, scratching the back of his neck. "Oh, would you like me to leave?" You asked, not wanting to get in his way. "No. Uh, there is actually something I have been meaning to tell you, though. It seems that I now have the perfect moment." He replied. It was one of the rare times that Fred looked completely serious and kimd of fearful.

You leaned against the railing, admiring the breathtaking view. From the Astronomy Tower, you could see so much and everything was just so peaceful. "Go ahead." You beamed. "I have been trying to find a way to tell you this for months, but there was always something else happening. So I don't want to waste any more time." He began. "I love you, Y/N L/N. I thought it was just a crush, something I could easily get over, but it isn't. Every time you look at me, or talk to me, I fall for you, all over again. And I want nothing more than to call you mine. I even sent you anonymous notes, because I knew that I couldn't hold in my true feelings for much longer." He proclaimed, catching you by surprise. "Fred, I had no idea you felt this way." You gasped, looking into his eyes. "If you don't feel the same, then that's okay." He whispered, sadly. "But I do! I've always wanted more than friendship." You murmured. "Well, Y/N/N, there's more to me." He laughed, softly. "Show me." You grinned.

Fred pulled you close to him and you could hear the beating of his heart in his chest. Blushing madly, you shyly glanced up at him. He tucked your hair behind your ear and leaned in close, pressing his lips to yours.

A/N: Well, this was the ending. I know it wasn't the best, but I kinda had writer's block. I'm sort of sad that this fanfic is over now, because I remember how excited I was about it. Anyway, there is a final Author's Note and the playlist, to follow.