Ten

You gathered your bag and jacket, then reluctantly headed towards the door of The Three Broomsticks. You weren't focusing on where you going and accidentally walked into someone. Wasn't this familiar? But when you looked up, instead of seeing Fred's warm, greenish blue eyes, you were met with unfriendly ones. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't paying attention!" You said, feeling very embarrassed.
"No, it's my fault." Roger Davies argued. "Well, we can both take the blame. I'm Y/N, by the way." You smiled. He grinned back. "You probably know who I am and I knew who you were. We've played Quidditch against each other." He replied, glancing around. "I'm going back outside, you're welcome to join me, if you'd like." You offered. "I would like that." He said, gruffly.

He followed you to the door and you waved goodbye to the twins. Fred looked livid, for some reason. You shrugged it off and once again, headed into the cold streets of Hogsmeade.

***

You found yourselves in front of The Shrieking Shack. Roger was actually very interested in The Shrieking Shack, to your surprise. He began asking lots of questions, which you tried to answer.
"Supposedly, it's haunted, but I can promise that it's not." You said, shuddering as you recalled what happened there last year. "You've actually been in there? I should have expected it from you, really, being a Gryffindor and everything." Roger asked, sounding rather impressed. "Yeah, that's a long story though, for another time." You replied. "Are you implying that you would like to see me again?" He smirked, teasingly. You didn't say anything in response, you just pulled your jacket closer to you, feeling mildly uncomfortable now.

A while later, you and Roger walked back to the castle, talking about your shared love for Quidditch. "I remember when you intercepted the Quaffle from me last year, clever move." Roger said, smiling. "You played excellently in that match. That first pass was very impressive." You grinned. "Thank you." He chuckled. You exchanged goodbyes and, as Roger went the other way, you climbed the many stairs to Gryffindor tower, with a smile on my face.

***

You entered the common room, where you were bombarded with questions, from Ginny. "Y/N, why were you with Roger Davies? It seemed like he was being slightly flirtatious." Ginny asked, looking shocked. "We just started talking." You answered, blushing, then heading to a quiet corner, to read a book that Hermione had leant you. 

You decided to go somewhere else, to read peacefully. The common room was filled with first and second years being rowdy, as most of the older years were still in Hogsmeade. You grabbed the book and some sweets, before exiting the noisy common room.

You went to your favourite little alcove. You had stumbled upon it accidentally, in your first year, when the staircases had shifted. It took you weeks to find it again, but now you could find it instantly. You sat down and opened the book, becoming lost in the story.

You almost didn't hear the footsteps. Almost. You tore your gaze away from the book and glanced up. "Hi, Fred." You smiled, closing the book. "Hello, Y/N/N." He smiled, sitting down next to you. "How did you know I was here?" You wondered, aloud. "I have my ways." He smirked.

You offered him some of the sweets and the two of you sat in a comfortable silence for a bit. He wrapped an arm around you and you moved closer to him, resting your head on his chest. You looked up at him, a smile on his face.

"So, you and Davies, eh?" He said, catching you off guard. "Not like that." You said, frowning slightly. "What's it like, then?" He asked. "We've actually only spoken properly today. I'm not sure if anything would work out." You admitted. You quickly changed the subject, not wanting to talk about another boy to your crush.

***

Much later, the two of you stood up to leave, albeit reluctantly, and wandered back to the common room, which was now crammed with chattering students.

You followed Fred, to where George and Ron were sitting. Lee was probably flirting with Angelina, again. "Where have you two been?" George asked, wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. "Somewhere." You said, vaguely. "Nothing like that." Fred added. "Alright, then." George grinned, clearly not believing us. Ron rolled his eyes, clearly bored and went to sit with Seamus Finnigan and Dean Thomas.

"Anyway, there is something I've been meaning to ask the two of you." You began. "How are we so attractive?" George interjected, sounding serious. "No. What's going on with you and Bagman?" You continued. "As you probably remember, at the Quidditch World Cup we betted a lot of money with Bagman and we won the bet, honestly and fair. You saw Ludo Bagman pay us back, but it turned out to be Leprechaun gold. It all disappeared." Fred explained. "We think it's an accident, so we're trying to contact him." George added. You nodded understandingly although, you didn't feel like it was a mistake; you didn't trust Ludovic Bagman at all.

You then went over to talk to Hermione. "Are we still okay, for studying tomorrow afternoon?" You asked. "Of course. Only, can we move it to the library?" She replied, a blush rising to her cheeks. "Sure. Any particular reason?" You inquired, knowing that Krum was always in the library, at the time you would be studying. "Uh, not really. There's just, um, a wider range of books and, er, resources available." She babbled, clearly untruthfully. "If you say so. I mean, it's totally not like Krum is going to be there, or anything." You giggled, before heading to your dorm, before she could reply.

***

A/N: Okay, okay. I know I'm terrible at uploading consistently, but I'm dealing with a lot right now. I've had a lot of assessments (A* in my History test!), stress of the holidays and I'm having problems with people in real life. But at least there's no school for two weeks and I should be able to post some Christmassy themed chapters in time!