Chapter 1. Pontiac Firebird -68

Bắt đầu từ đầu

None of their friends had noticed anything of the kind, but Marla had been persistent that, that had been the case.

She had told everyone it had been a woman sitting in the bar, but Cody knew differently. He knew exactly who he had been resting his eyes at. He smiled inwardly at the memory, because he still thought about the woman. . .every day and every night.

"Anyone for a beer tonight?" Lance wondered and searched his pocket for a packet of cigarettes. After finding it, he passed it around to the others.

"Will you check with Dave?" Cody gave Phil a furrowed brow. Phil nodded back.

"Why not call the girls too?" Lance said, "It's been a while."

Cody looked at Lance with harsh eyes. "If Marla's going to continue her nag about us getting back together, I'll split, Okay?"

Lance shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Yeah, yeah, but we can't just exclude her from our group of friends, you know. She has her place."

"I know that" Cody said with a hint of a smile on his lips.

Actually, the fact that she still wanted him, was boosting his ego quite a bit. She was a good looking girl, and most of the guys in this small town would not hesitate one moment to take her home and romance the panties off of her. Seriously romance the panties off of her.

But not Cody. Well, not anymore. His thoughts had been somewhere else these past two years. The woman in the bar.

Every damn night, and every damn day!

He had dreamt of her so many times, he had lost count. And every single dream had been so steamy and hot that he had been reeling from it.

"You call them. I won't." he said finally.

Lance and Phil gave him their nods, and it was decided.

* * *

Laura hit the brakes and parked her car outside the mall in the nearby town. Her moves where agile as she climbed out of the vehicle and then locked it. Shielding her eyes from the sun with her hands, she gazed at the entrance. She was always in awe at the number of people visiting the mall each and every day.

Did the average American have no job at all? Seriously?

Because it seemed like they spent their entire day in malls all over the bloody country.

Quickly she walked into the madness of shopping that existed inside the mall. Containing over 200 different shops and retailers, mixed with a variety of cafes and Burger king's, it was a heaven on earth for a shopaholic. The average American.

Laura had come to an important decision about herself. She would indulge herself a little bit more in life's good. Treat herself some of the life's goodies.

For starters she would buy some new clothes. But just enough so that she still was within the confines for what her wallet and economy could afford. She had learned that the hard way.

She did not want to go there again.

In one of the malls biggest fashion outlets, she found herself a tight top with filigree details, a pair of new black jeans, a belt with silver studs, etc etc.

She moved on to the next store with a content smile on her lips, and so it continued until she finally decided she had had enough.

Later as she sat in the car she felt pretty satisfied. She had done a lot of shopping today, but she had not been vulgarly spending her money, she had been more like economically and wisely spending her money. Hypocrite!

She allowed herself to grin widely at the thought.

Now it was time to get home and prepare for tonight's work.

* * *

Cody stood in front of his bathroom mirror, looking despondently at his own reflection. "You look good, dude. But you'll never have a chance. ."he mumbled to himself as he corrected the already perfect but ruffled hair on his head.

It wasn't often he put the burden of being uncertain of himself, on himself.

He was and had always been every girl's favorite in this town, he knew that. But every moment he thought of the woman in the bar, he felt insignificantly small. And powerless.

There was no way in hell that he would ever have a chance there. Or would he?

Rolling his eyes with desperation, he felt himself grow a hard on just thinking about her. Sighing deeply he forced it down with determination. Walking around with a mighty hard on would not do at all.

Oh, hell, she was SO out of his reach for SO many reasons. The most significant reasons he did not even dare to think about.

It made him shudder deep to the core.

Deliberately he chose a tight fitting t-shirt that showed his well-trained upper body at its best, and to go with that he chose a pair of denims that favored his ass and legs considerably.

He drew his hand through his messy hair and then he left the bathroom.

Tonight he was going to wear his worn out jeans jacket that had been with him for several years, on several bar nights and on several dates as well. He knew that jacket  always was a safe bet when aiming to catch himself some serious pussy or just to get him a regular date.

He knew Marla liked that jacket and was especially receptive to him as he wore it. Maybe he wore it just for the fun of teasing her. To make her want him.

No, that was not the reason.

He knew it deep inside.

He wanted 'her' to see him, to really see him.

He wanted the woman in the bar to see him, to see the man he had become, and not the boy that he had been.