EIGHT

ever since luke realised his massive crush on calum, he wasn't the same as before.

he would act much more awkwardly around calum, more than he normally did, anyway.

he stuttered more, and whenever they video-called, luke could hardly look at calum directly in the eyes.

luke even realised something, that he had never experienced with other crushes he'd had.

and that was the fact that, once you really like someone, everything they do is completly flawless, and nothing they do is wrong.

everything calum did was perfect to luke.
like, his smile that made the corners of his eyes crinkle, the giggles he'd let out and the cute little "darns" that would escape his lips whenever something went wrong.

luke found everything calum did utterly adorable and the words michael had told him the other day, kept replaying in his head:

"just confess your undying love for him already"

and so luke was going to do just that.

he had texted michael to give him calum's address, to which michael obliged to, since he knew that if he wouldn't, luke would spam him to death.

and he really just wanted to play video games, and not have to ignore his begging friend.

once the blonde had received it, he grabbed a hoodie and made his way over to the hood's household, mentally cursing when realising it was heavily raining and he didn't have an umbrella.

he speedwalked, considering he didn't have a car, and he wasn't in the running mood that day, and soon arrived.

hesitantly, he knocked on the door, biting his lip, hard, at the few seconds of silence that lingered before the door opened.

"luke! what are you doing here?" calum gasped, his eyes pondering over luke's clothes, that were soaking wet.

"i just wanted to talk?" luke replied, well, more like questioned, since he just realised how stupid he was for walking in the rain just to ask calum "to talk."

"you could have brought an umbrella, you're soaking wet!"

"i'm fine calum, really." luke reassured.

"oh my god. come in already, you're practically shivering."

the brunette wrapped his arm around the freezing cold blonde, leading him into his house, bringing him upstairs to his room.
both calum's parents left to attend a dinner party, whereas mali went to a friend's house to study for an up and coming exam.

meaning, it was just calum that was home at the moment. which was a bummer, because calum could have asked his mum to make her famous herbal tea for the trembiling luke.

"here you are." calum spoke, handing luke a fluffy salmon coloured blanket, and taking hold of his damp hoodie.

"hey, um, cal?" luke stammered, as calum set the hoodie to one side.

"yeah, lukey?"

the blonde mentally cursed calum's word choices. he was making this so much harder than it already was. [a/n: that's what she said ha beat you to it]

"can i -- talk to you, about -- something?"

"of course!" calum smiled, warm. he sat himself beside luke on the bed, crossing both his legs.

luke examined all of calum's features, which he regretted since they threw him off way more than before he started.

"i - um, well, you see -"

calum placed his hand on luke's thigh. "luke, calm down -"

"i-really-like-you, calum."

calum stopped.

luke clenched his eyes shut, hanging his head low so that he wouldn't have to deal with calum's judgement directly.

"wait, what?" calum questioned, slightly stunned by luke's words.

luke took a deep breath in.

"i - i really like you. like, a lot."

calum blinked several times, yet it still didn't sink in; what luke had told him.

"i - i just - i don't -"

"feel the same way. yeah, i could have guessed."

luke took the blanket off, ready to exit calum's room and his house forever, when calum gripped onto his arm to stop him from doing so.

"no! wait, i do!"

luke's head snapped up, and the two's eyes locked with each other once again.

"wait, you do?"

the brunette chuckled at how shocked luke seemed to be. he moved his gaze down to luke's hand, and slowly intertwined them.

"i really do."

luke was speechless. he was over the moon, practically running out breath, from doing nothing.

calum's pupils drilled into his, as a light amount of tension hovered over them.

the maori bit his lip, and luke rapidly made him stop.

"don't do that." luke demanded.

"do what?"

"bite your lip."

"why?" calum questioned, with furrowed eyebrows.

"because it makes me wanna kiss you, like, really badly." luke spoke, not bothering to cover up the truth of the situation.

calum smirked a little, dragging his teeth across his bottom lip.

"i wouldn't mind."

luke's bright eyes grew darker.

without a moment's hesitation, he pulled calum closer, attaching their lips together, and boy, had he waited for that to happen for so long.

the two moved in sync, steadily and rapidly, luke wrapping his arms around calum's waist, and calum resting his arms around luke's neck.

calum pulled the blonde closer, consequently deepening the kiss.

he secretly wanted luke to kiss him for so long, and now that it was happening, he wasn't going to waste it.

luke slowly pushed calum down, making him lay with his back down, on the bed, luke hovering over him.

calum continued to kiss the boy on top of him, hastily, before stopping for a quick second to answer a query he had.

"does this make us a thing?"

luke flashed a toothy grin.

"fuck yeah it does."

yay they kissed woot woot