Chapter Six

"Thank you for taking me here," Hayley said while looking around and examining the place in awe. She was amazed by how many fancy business men and stunning ladies there were.

"Anything for you," Haden said as they are there salads in a comfortable silence. "I can't wait for the steak you will love it," Haden bragged.

"I just wish I didn't have to lie to my dad about you," Hayley said sadly. She really wanted her two favorite people to know and get along with each other.

"At least you'll get to meet my mom if she ever comes home," Haden said in the hopes of cheering her up.

"Sorry I keep making things about me it's just my dads never been like this before," Hayley said as the food came.

"Thank you," they both said to the waitress before she left the table.

"Tell me more about your dad. What's he like?" Haden asked trying to start conversation.

"He's always been there for me," Hayley said while thinking of him.

"My mother was an alcoholic who also did an insane amount of drugs. She wasn't good to be around and when she died it was almost a relief. When I was ten I remember her forcing me to drink with her," Hayley said before the memories consumed her.

"Screw you're father. I'm seeing another woman anyway and I love her more then I love you or him," Hayley's mom said before taking a sip of her bottle of whiskey and passing it in to Hayley.

"Mom you should go to sleep," Hayley said scared of what her mom would do to her.

"Hayley go to sleep I'll take care of your mother," Hayley's dad said while walking through the door with suit cases and paperwork.

"After that night, I never saw her again but my dad was there for me," Hayley said deep in thought. "What about your mom? What's she like?"

"All she does is work or go out with other guys," Haden said simply.

"Sometimes I wish my dad would leave me alone," Hayley said honestly.

"Yeah well once they do its not all that great," Haden said with a bit of anger.

"You were right," Hayley changed the subject.

"About?" He asked confused.

"The steak. It's really good," Hayley said with a smile that Haden enjoyed.