Chapter 24

Sorry for the wait. Trying to figure out where I left off and what happened was difficult. But I won't keep you waiting. The moment you were waiting for. The next chapter.
~~~

Daniel's POV

Time has flown by after that whole fiasco against the brokenness of my soul. You can bet your wand that Emerald and I are together.

We were outside the castle I was sitting against a tree and Emerald was laying her head on my lap staring at the blue sky.

I looked at her, surprised to be able to feel again. To have someone like her.

"So, what name do you prefer to be called?" She said suddenly.

"What?" I asked surprised, "My name is Daniel, you know this."

"I know, but there has to be a reason why you didn't want anyone to know your name."

"So they couldn't track me..."

She glared at me, poking me on the side, "You know what I mean."

"I never thought of it. I think it was because of my father. He was, uh difficult and I didn't want to have the same name as him. In simpler terms."

She looked up at me, "Tell me."

"I- I don't think I can right now."

"Okay, that is perfectly fine. How about you tell me why I can survive the Dementor's Kiss and why I am so gifted."

"I don't have the answers to that,"

She got up, "What do you mean you don't have the answers?" She yelled her eyes green.

I looked at her my eyes flashing blue for a moment, "As a Dementor our job was too look for Sirius Black, we had no choice in that matter. We were too search Hallow's Creek where you were living with you're family. It was raining and our ghastly presence was no help. We checked each house on that street. We came towards your's. We broke down the door, crashing everything. We took your father but one of us was extremely hungry. They went after your mother. The other one heard you cry and went after you. When it preformed the kiss you were still alive and something resonated in me. I began to feel like myself that I thought I lost forever. You gave me hope and in that moment I began loving you."

"Oh wow, way to make it cheesy." I sniffed.

"Yeah, sorry," I say.

"So you don't know how you're like this and why I am like this. We gotta figure this out and help out the Dementors."

"Don't forget about the demonic vampires."

"Ah dang."

"Yeah... So what should be our plan."

"For right now, let's stay the way we are," she said snuggling into my side.

"I'm down with that,"

She smiled at me.

"Daniel," I say.

"What?"

"I will still go by Daniel, even-though it pains me. It's still my name."

"How about Dan?"

"Dan?" I smiled, "That can work."

I planted a kiss on her head.

"Thank You," I say to her and I mean it. Without Emerald, I think I will still be trapped like my friends.

~~~