When You Blush - Prologue

Today is another exhausting day in Karasuno. I have a bunch of homeworks to do, I did a lot of seatworks and quizzes for pete sake, I had some club activities with my classmate and etc. 

But, what made me lift my spirits was watching the Karasuno Volleyball team practice for their upcoming practice match against Nekoma. This is already getting me really excited and I wish them good luck. 

Anyway, the school bell had rang just a few moments ago and I finally finished the essay I was working on. I passed it to my specific teacher and bid them good-bye as I ran through the halls with a bunch of people.

'Man, I'm really excited! I better be quick or I'll miss the best part of their strategies like Hinata and Kageyama's crazy quick!', I thought as I ran all the way towards the gymnasium.

When I arrived, the practice was about to start when I saw the players warming up. I sighed in relief that I made it just in time. As I took one step, the first one to notice me was Coach Ukai.

"Oh, (Y/N). Fancy seeing you here. You're here to watch them, am I right? I believe one of them is your very close friend and you want to cheer them on", said Coach Ukai as I greeted him with a wave and a smile. 

I nodded and replied, "Yup! I mean, I wanna see how he and everybody else improved so far. I'm rooting for them, you know?". 

Coach Ukai gave a thoughtful laughter as I sneakily went inside the gymnasium but that moment stopped you when Sugawara was able to catch my presence.

"Hey, (Y/N)! Glad you could make it, you know, you can't just sneak in and prepare a nice 'surprise' or something, haha!", said Sugawara and let out a warm laughter. 

Oh, I guess I spoke to soon and he totally read my mind just with that gentle look and smile on his face that is always putting me in ease. 

From his response, I just laughed it off and sat beside Kiyoko-san, who is like a sister to me and a senpai, and greeted her with a smile before the practice between the senpais (third year) and the kouhais (first year, second year) will commence.

~~~~~~

The practice was over before you know it and the sky was already dark. I sighed and the team were already ready to head home. 

"Alright, I'll see you guys tomorrow. We have a lot to catch up", said Coach Ukai and every member of the team bowed and thanked him. 

Everyone gathered their things and went outside the gymnasium. I stepped outside the building to wait for them but suddenly, a certain someone was calling me which really caught my attention.