Enemy Afoot, Hidden Mission

Hikari's POV

I woke up with a groan, my pillow wasn't as soft as I remember it being, but it was strangely comfortable and... moved................. wait what?!

My pink eyes shot open to see Hiroshi's face hovering over mine, his breath steady--even--as he was fast asleep and I.... was using his lap.... as a pillow........ when did that happen?!

Just as I was about to shout at him to wake up, I notice that the back of his neck was red, and that my nails had dug into his arm--dried blood stained his skin and my nails. I was having another one of those dreams... I thought to myself as I looked back up at my male teammate.

He stirred and I could just make out his muffled words. "I will... find you... Imōto..." I was surprised by his words and took notice to his tightening grip on the sheets.

So he has a little sister... maybe she survived the massacre of their clan as well? I wondered and placed my head back down. But I wonder why... "My heart is throbbing..." I mumbled as my eyes became heavy once more before the lull of the sound of the gentle morning breeze brought me to a dreamless dream.

We were back on the road and, according to Yin-sensei after I bugged her for an hour, we were almost at the Village Hidden in Sparks. She stressed to us how important it was for us to keep silent while we were there, that their village prided on their ghost style jutsus to the point that even the infants were ghostly silent after nine months.

I was sad about that, I mean what nine month year old baby is dead silent but still alive? What did the infant have to go through to understand silence? Memories flashed through my mind, but I quickly dismissed them and ran at an even faster paste, running only a few steps ahead of Yin-sensei.

We soon came to a stop at a cliff that was shrouded in fog/mist and low storm clouds. Daiki looked down the steep cliff. "That is steep, can't even see the bottom." He commented, swallowing a lump in his throat as he back away from the edge.

"Well I hope you're not afraid of heights." Kimi said quietly.

Danika arched a brow, seeming to be enjoying her brother's fear struck face. "Why's that?" She asked.

Yin-sensei spoke up to answer. "Because we're going to be jumping down, it's the only way to enter the village."

Daiki became pale as a sheet and looked back down the cliff. Sparks and flashes of lightning crackled from the low storm clouds and he fainted at the sight. Sensei looked to his twin sister. "You're going to have to make sure he gets down there, jump with him on your back or something."

Danika gave a solute and sensei nodded before stepping off the edge, doing a pencil dive down. Kimi climbed onto Brooke's back and they hopped down as well. "Good luck Danika-chan." I smiled and leaped off the edge with a fist pump and a cheer.

It wasn't as far a fall as it looked. I guess a genjutsu makes it look so steep. I thought to myself before I was knocked to the ground. Baka-Hiro just used me as a landing pad. "Get. Off. Of. Me. Baka." I spat out in pain.

He got off of me and pulled me back to my feet as well. "Thanks..." I mumbled as we started our walk towards the centre of the village once Danika had made it down with her brother slugged over her shoulder.