A Flamingo's Speed

。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・

Hikari's POV

It's been a full day since we found yhat rogue girl and left her to Ibiki-san to question. "I wonder why she's really here? And why... she seemed so familiar..." I mumbled to myself as I got ready for my mission.

I was excited sonce this will be the first mission I'm going on with the twins: Daiki and Danika.

I tightened my hair bows one last time before heading to the door. I stopped and looked at the photo of a dark pink haired woman with striking pink eyes--wearing a lab coat over a black turtleneck and long pants. I smiled bittersweet-ly at the photo and made a dash out the door seconds later and headed straight to the main gates.

I came to a screeching hult once I got there--earning weird looks from Kotetsu and Izumo; the gate guards. Hiroshi, Daiki, Danika, Kimi and Yin-sensei were already there. I noticed that Kimi also brought along her new dog, Brooke.

"Sorry I'm late!" I bowed.

"It's fine, you're not that late." Yin-sensei reassured me and Brooke rubbed his head against my leg.

I petted the canine gently. "You're bringing Brooke today, Kimi-chan?" I asked my black and red haired, timid teammate.

She nodded. "Mmhm, I taught her how to f-fight... with help fr-from K-Kiba-s-san." Her face was flushed a bit, but I paied no mind to it. Kimi always goes red, such a sweet and shy teammate I have.

"Can we go now? We've wasted enough time waiting for the tardy." Hiroshi grumbled and I glared at him.

Then it hit me, I looked around before asking. "Wait, where's division Steel Wind; Chidori, Umi, and Midori?"

Yin-sensei spoke as she started writing in a scroll. "Oh, well it seems Midori caught a cold so Chidori is at home taking care of her." She placed her pen down on Kotetsu's desk and rolled up the scroll. "Umi is dealing with some personal matters so I've given her permission to stay here as well." She placed the scroll into her unused sleeve--where there's a hidden pocket--and turned to face the gate. "Alright, let's head out. We're heading to the Village Hidden in Sparks, right by the Land of Lightning. We'll be running as far, and fast, as we can till night fall."

"Right." We all said, Brooke even barked in understanding.

With that, we all started runing at top speed. I was surprised that the twins were keeping up okay, and Brooke too. It had taken me days to be able to run at this speed for long periods of time, it took the other weeks to a month, but the twins seem like their used to it completely.

We started to travel by jumping from tree branch to tree branch about an hour and a half after leaving the village, Kimi was still racing on the ground since Brooke couldn't climb yet so she stayed with the girl.

"Hey Hikari, can I ask you something?" Danika asked as she sped up to jump beside me.

"Sure, what is it?"

"Do you have a boyfriend?" Her blunt question nearly caused me to trip and fall from surprise, strangely Daiki was the one that fell but he caught himself on a branch before falling to close to the ground.

I looked at her with a small smile. "No, I'm not really interested in love." I answered. "I don't have time for it and anyways... there's something I have to do before I can even think about my personal life." I mumbled darkly to myself so that she couldn't hear me.

I looked up to see Hiroshi giving me a look and I nodded. It was a warning look, a look that meant we were being followed. I looked to the small of Yin-sensei's back and saw her give the hand signal that I had been hoping for. Danika looked confused but quieted as I slowly slowed down to run behind the group.

Daiki was pulled up closer to the front by Hiroshi and Danika seemed to have taken to hint and sped up as well. Kimi had disappeared into the forest on the other side of the path with Brooke.

"It's not nice to stalk girls you know," I said out loud in a taunting manner, "it's also not nice to aim at an unsuspecting girl!" I did a 180 and threw shuriken into three directions.

Two men fell from the trees, each a shuriken embedded deep into their foreheads. Two other men and a woman jumped into sight, the woman had been scratched by my star shaped blades.

The woman stood on a branch a few trees across from me. "And you shouldn't injure a woman's face, little girl." The woman hissed, she had a lower voice then what you'd expect. She was wearing a mask to cover the bottom half of her face, her blue hair tied up in a high ponytail, her mature body practically on display for the world to see, and her orange eyes narrowed to intimidate.

"You shouldn't play with such sharp toys." A man on a branch a few yards to my left chuckled. "You could hurt yourself, or poke out someone's eye. Like Jake's was down there." He motioned his head to one of the men that had fallen dead. This man had a middle toned voice--he sounded a bit like a player. He wore a mask similar to Kakashi-sensei and had chocolate brown hair. His pale green eyes--well more like eye--was fixated on me. His tanned body was cladded in blue and white articles of clothing with the exception to his wooden sandals.

"Margaret. Damien. Less talk, more action." The deep voice of the final man, ten yards to my right, ordered in a calm manner. He stood with his muscle rippled arms crossed over his chest. "We have to keep the rest of them from reaching the Dandelion Castle." He was tall, wide shoulders accented by the plain black T-shirt that was practically a new skin, and grey pants that tied together with his black boots and slicked back, blonde, hair.

Mr. No Name is going to be a problem. The other two... should be taken out first. I concluded in my mind and lunged forward at the same time they all had. We were practically having a high-speed aerial battle. They're fast but... I'm faster.

I picked up my speed just as I dodged the katana in the hands of the woman, Margaret.

。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・ :* : ・゚ ' ★, 。・ :* : ・゚ ' ☆。・

Hey, it's been a month, nearly two, but here ya go! Love you guys for sticking aroubd and waiting for my random updates!