I have a special taste. I have always loved animals, and that has been expressed by having many animalistic things in my room. A little fox figurine sits on my desk, and a wolf calendar hangs beside my door. A small leopard print rug lies at the entrance of my room. A five inch tall dragon stands on my dresser as if on special guard duty. Pictures of animals dot my walls in random places. A few mythical creatures can be spotted with them as well.

Yeah, my room is not themed or a magazine-worthy work of art.
A television sits on top of my dresser drawer and my closet door is wide open. A pile of clothes lay at the foot of my bed. I have no idea if they're clean or dirty.

I turn the radio on, and then check my phone for any notifications. Roxanne sits on my bed and grabs one of the plush pillows.

"So... anything new about Diesel?" Roxanne gives me a sly smile.

Diesel? Oh, yeah! How in the world could I forget about the guy I've had a crush on for a whole year?

I reply slowly, "Actually... I haven't thought about him lately."

Roxanne stands up with a playful look, "That's unbelievable."

"I've been really busy lately. Seriously." I place my phone down on my desk.

"Or did you find someone else who's better?" Roxanne continues on.

I give her a shocked look. For a millisecond, the image of a black pegacorn flashes through my mind. I immediately push away that absurd thought.

Roxanne shakes her head, "You like someone else now, don't you? That's a shocker. Who else would you like better than Diesel?"

I change the subject, "I'm hungry. You hungry? Let's go get something to eat."

I walk toward the kitchen. Roxanne continues to ask who this other person is. As I make us sandwiches, I continue to deny that I like someone.

She is telling the truth though. I do like someone, and that person is Walker. Whether I like to admit it or not, I have somehow unknowingly grown a liking toward the mysterious person known as Walker. I barely even know Walker and that isn't good. All I know about him is that he is a mythical creature like me.

You don't like him, Olivia. And that's that! Growing feelings for someone you've only met twice is dumb and extremely dangerous.

Roxanne eventually stops talking once I give her the sandwich I made. We go outside on the patio to eat. The lake is sparkling and a warm breeze blows across the yard.

"Hey, you said the other day that you're family hadn't been doing well. How's that going?" I ask her once we're finished eating the sandwiches.

She shrugs and a sullen look crosses over her face, "Not any better. Haven't been sleeping well..."

I decide that maybe it's best not to ask any further. I don't want to invade her personal matters. Bringing back uncomfortable thoughts would be something I'd rather not be responsible for. I'm here to help distract Roxanne from thinking about everything going on in her family. It doesn't matters if I do or do not know what those things are. I'm here for her and always will be.
_____________________
We hang out for a few hours, and then we ride on the jet ski around the lake for a half hour. After that I take Roxanne back to her house. She thanks me for inviting her over, and then she jogs up the nicely mowed lawn of her house.